Chapter 15

Passing my the old site, I saw the crutch. It was broken in half. In fact it was split right down the middle. We passed by it and I pointed at the poor peice of wood.

"I can make you another one" Techno said, counting to carry me. I simply nodded.

"It's cold" I said, Techno's face flashed into an emotion I couldn't quite describe. I felt bad, for saying anything. "Nevermind, sorry" I quickly added not wanting to upset him further.

"For what? It was dumb of me to think I could just carry you through a snowy biome completely soaked." He unclipped his cape and wrapped it around me. It was warm, and smelled like the old one I once had, just newer and less musty. I snuggled into the cape.

I guess I had fell asleep on the way home, cause the next thing I know, I'm being shaken awake on the bed. A new crutch sitting next to me.

"Your fever seems to be back" Techno said, placing the previous wet cloth on my forehead. I did feel kinda sick, but not as bad as it was before Techno was here. The same question lingering in my mind since being pulled out of the ocean.

"Is Dream really dead?" I asked, then immediately regretted it. Techno's face was now serious.

"No, he had an ender pearl, and escaped right before I could hit him." He said, I heard the paper he was writing in crumple. I flinched at the sound. "I'll be right back" Techno got up and left the room, I heard the front door slam open then close just as hard. Followed by the sound of Techno hitting something hard. Why do I always mess things up?

I decided to grab me crutch and look around the house some. The ladder downstairs led into an entry way of sorts. It led into a kitchen, and a basement. I decided to go to the basement first. It was a solid stone room. With an entire wall lined head to toe with chests. I decided to not mess with anything, not wanting to anger Techno anymore. I went back up to the kitchen. There, I opened a cupboard and saw tea. I decided to make tea for me and Techno, for when he came back, whenever that would be. I grabbed to mugs and one slipped, it hit the wood floor and shattered. In an attempt to catch the mugs, I had slipped, the crutch sliding away, leaving my stranded. In another attempt to get up, my hand got but on the glass. The blood dripping from the wound fell to the floor. Yet again, the sight of my blood made my brain shut down. I guess the sound alerted Techno, cause the next thing I knew, he was cleaning the wound and putting a band-aid (they have them, okay?) on it.