Chapter 28

Techno POV

When I woke up, something was wrong. I knew something was wrong. I looked at Tommy thinking maybe it was him. Nope, he was fine. I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong. So I decided to ignore it.

I got ready and everything was normal. Until Tommy said something.

" Techno, you don't look to well" I ran to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. He was right, I looked bad. Then, like a trigger being pulled, I felt light headed. I went to the couch and fell over. I heard Tommy run over, and his cold hand touch my forehead.

He sighed "You have a fever. Try to get some sleep, and I'll see what I can do." With that, I closed my eyes. Almost immediately I fell into a deep sleep. It was almost peaceful.

Tommy POV

Oh no.

I'm screwed.

Techno has a fever and I don't know what to do. I felt the panic bubble up, and I took a deep breath.

No

I was not going to freak out.

I went up the ladder and went straight for the books. I searched until I found one that seemed to do anything remotely to do with the human body. I went over to the desk and flipped through the pages. Nope, nothing. Onto the next one, still, nothing. In the 2 hours I spent there, I went through 5 books before I found something useful.

" When dealing with a cold, it helps to keep a cool cloth on their forehead. And make sure they eat and drink plenty. Try not to leave them unattended in case their fever worsens"

Of course I would already mess something up, I always seem to. I take the book and climb back down. The first thing I see is Techno sleeping. I walk over to him and set the book down on the table. First, I need to get him to drink something. I go to the kitchen and grab a glass of water. I bring it over and place it next to the book. Next, a cold cloth. I grab a bucket and fill it with water, placing a cloth in it. Lastly, food. I go back to the kitchen and grab one of my favorites, a golden apple. I grab a knife and cutting board, and get to work. I cut the apple, making sure to mirror the movements I've seen Techno do before. I bring the food back and shake techno awake.

At first, he only turns away. I shake him again, and he wakes up, looks at me, looks at the apple, and grabs a slice. I set it down on his lap, and grab the cloth. After ringing it out, I set it on his forehead. This seemed to help, as he looked a tad bit better. Maybe I could do this!

I was wrong.

I always am.

It had only been three hours, and yet he had gotten worse. How could he have gotten worse!? I felt the panic rise again as he struggled to get a good breath. I panicked and knocked over the glass of water, drenching the book. Just great. My only information on how to help gone. I tried to remeber what it had said. I got the food, I used to have the water, and I got the cloth. The cloth! I grabbed it and felt the water, it was warm now. But I couldn't leave, the book said to not. What could I do! I couldn't think strait, and I could see well either as tears clouded my vision. The thing that brought me out of this state was Techno himself. In my trance, he had reached out and placed my hand on his forehead. Of course! My hands are always cold. For once, I was glad of this.

I let my hand act as an ice pack, and I finally felt the panic leave. And in my state of peace, I feel asleep. Finally able to to relax as I heard him take in a stable breath after trying for so long.