08. hogsmeade

MADE FOR EACH OTHER
( chapter eight. )

October 26, 1976 - Age sixteen

It was the day of the Hogsmeade trip and since all her friends had dates Claudia opted out to go that day. Her friends finally left her alone after lots of reassurance that she would be fine and really didn't want to go and make herself suffer by seeing Lily and James on a date. Her friends ensured her that they would be getting her the chocolate from honeydukes which is the only thing she really wanted and maybe a butterbeer but she could live without one. So as she wandered around the castle halls, saying hello to a few of the younger years, talking to some of the paintings and ghosts. She was so absorbed in her own thoughts that she didn't even notice the other figure walking towards her until it was too late and she bumped into them.

"Oh, I'm sorry!"

"I-It's my fault I wasn't looking where I was going," A male voice said holding a hand out of her to grab. "Here, let me help you up,"

"Thank you...?"

"Henry, Henry Williams,"

"Claudia Charleston,"

"Nice to meet you, Claudia,"

"You as well Henry, what are you doing wandering the corridors? Shouldn't you be in Hogsmeade?"

"I could ask you the same question,"

"Touche. Well, I am here because all my friends have dates so I had nobody to go to with,"

"Good reasoning, I'm here because I'm avoiding my problems,"

"That's understandable,"

"Yeah, plus I have homework to catch up on so-"

"Claudia!" A concerned-looking Professor Mcgonnagal yelled from the other side of the corridor.

"Oh, well don't let me keep you. It seems I have to go anyways, I'll see you around Henry,"

"Yeah, I'll see you around,"

"Yes, Minnie?"

"Walk with me," She said before walking outside and down towards the courtyard. "So how are you?"

"I'm fine," She replied shortly.

"Why aren't you in Hogsmeade Claudia?"

"I have nobody to go with, all my friends are on dates,"

"Well, why not go by yourself? Or make a new friend to go with?"

"Because I don't want to make myself hurt more by seeing Lily and James on a date. Is that such a problem?"

"Now I'm going to ask you again, how are you?"

"I'm not good, it hurts having to constantly see them together. You know he doesn't even talk to me anymore? He stopped calling me Dia and now he just calls me Claudia like everyone else,"