12. fake engagement

MADE FOR EACH OTHER
( chapter twelve. )

!!trigger warning!! blood, mentions is abuse, anxiety and panic attacks

December 4-22, 1976 - Age sixteen

Claudia had become kind of distant from her friend group in the past few weeks, spending most of her time in the library studying.  She told them that she really wanted to do well on her examinations since she had recently changed her career path from a healer to an Auror (She thought it was a more badass occupation, so asked Minnie to see if she could change it to which she said yes) so she's been studying extra hard this year, which was the truth but no the full truth.  Some of the time she was really just in the kitchen's drinking and sulking.  Luckily she had managed to keep it a secret from all of her friends and have Lainey bring her back to her dorm when she was physically unable to. 

So as she walked to the basement where the kitchens were located she noticed an open door at the end of the hallway.  She walked towards it peering her head in and seeing a sight she never thought she'd see.  Her old friend, Severus Snape talking to a big mirror.  If she had anything left in her she would've laughed but she didn't and instead cleared her throat making her presence noticed. 

"Hello, Severus," She said politely.  

"Charleston," His monotone voice sounded through the room. 

"Oh don't do my like that Sev, you use to call me Claudia,"

"Hello Claudia," He sighed out. 

"Whatcha doing?" She asked casually strolling over and sitting next to him.  "Because talking to your reflection isn't necessarily normal is it?"

"I wasn't talking to my reflection.  And why are you being so nice to me? I thought you hated me,"

"I don't hate you, Severus.  I just don't respect you because of what you did to Lily and me,"

"I know and I'm sorry.  How many times do I have to tell you that?"

"I believe that you are sorry but only because it was Lily and me.  If it was anyone else would you have been sorry?"

"No, but I'm still sorry,"

"And I forgive you but I don't respect as a human being, at all,"

"You always were hard to please,"

"I am aren't I? WHAT THE FUCK! HOW IS HE THERE BUT NOT HERE?! AM I HOLDING A FUCKING BABY?!" She yelled finally looking into the mirror. 

"Ah yes, the mirror of erised.  Shows us our deepest desires,"

"Wait what?"

"Whatever you see in this mirror is your deepest desire,"

"Oh fuck no!"