21. a really shitty valentines day

MADE FOR EACH OTHER
( chapter twenty-one. )

!!trigger warning!! blood loss, near-death experience, anxiety/panic attack, kind of a form of torture? uh yeah hehehehehehe yolo :)

February 13-14, 1977 - Age sixteen

Claudia walked to the owlery, hoping what she had asked her mother to get for her had come in the post, when she saw her owl Fawn who immediately flew over to her, a parcel tied to its claws. 

"Thank you, Fawn.  I was afraid it wasn't going to get here in time," She said, untying the parcel, slipping it into her bag and giving her a treat.  It was February thirteenth, the night before valentines day, and to say Claudia was freaking out was an understatement.  She had never gotten any guy Valentine's day present, was she even supposed to get James one? Was he getting her one? These thoughts ran around her head like a carrousel as she walked towards the Great Hall for dinner.  Claudia was so caught up in her thoughts that she failed to notice Mucibler and Avery, two sixth-year Slytherins that had been following her.  She turned a corner, walking down the dimly lit corridor until she was hit with a leg-locking jinx from behind and fell to the floor. 

"What the fu-"

"Well, hello there, Charleston," Mucibler smirked, towering over her. 

"Mucibler, Avery," She spat. 

"Drop that attitude, princess.  We have a message,"

"From who? Some coward who's too afraid to speak to me themselves, I'm assuming,"

"The Black family and The Dark Lord," Avery said, making Claudia roll her eyes. 

"You've taken something very valuable from them, and they are not pleased,"

"Stop talking about Regulus as if he's some tool.  He's a human being,"

"Do you ever shut up?" Mucibler groaned, casting a silencing charm on her.  "Ah, much better,"

"Now, this is just a warning since you're still under the protection of Hogwarts.  But they send their best and hope to see you in a few years where they can deal with you themselves," Avery explained before Mucilber said one word that would haunt her for the rest of her life. 

"Sectumsempra!"

Claudia felt as if her body was ripping apart.  The pain was excruciating. This is something she never wanted to experience again.  Her pain and horror-filled screams were silenced by the charm Mucibler had put on her.  She had never heard this spell before, and by the looks on Mucibler and Avery's faces, they had no idea what it did either, which made it even worse. 

"Shit, she's bleeding a lot," She heard the faint but panicked voice of Avery yell.  "If she dies, we go to Azkaban.  Her dad's an Auror, and we'll be as good as dead if he finds out,"