13. christmas

MADE FOR EACH OTHER
( chapter thirteen. )

December 24-25, 1976 - Age sixteen

Regulus continued to heal for the next few days.  Sirius ended up sleeping over at the Charleston's for a couple of nights just to make sure his brother was okay.  One day when Regulus and Sirius were having their brother bonding time, Claudia was over at the Potter's baking cookies with Mia.  She had been feeling much better since she came home from Hogwarts, she hadn't drunk a sip of alcohol since she left school and the light was back in her eyes.  She was constantly laughing and cracking jokes with her favourite people. Being back home and away from Lily seemed to be a lot better for her. 

"Can I have some cookie dough?" Claudia smiled sweetly at Mia who chuckled at her. 

"Yes you can but not too much I don't need you getting sick,"

"Alright fine!" She said before eating a lot more than she should've.

"Merlin, how much did you eat?" She asked looking in the bowl. 

"Three spoonfuls,"

"You little piglet," She teased. "I turned around for two minutes,"

"Oi! I'm not a piglet!"

"Yeah, Mia! She's not a piglet," Monty said walking into the kitchen, Claudia sneaking him a spoonful of cookie dough behind her back. 

"See! Monty agrees with me,"

"Only because you snuck him cookie dough behind your back,"

"How'd you know that?"

"He has cookie dough on the side of his mouth and he's holding a spoon,"

"Come on Monty!"

"Sorry, kiddo," He said ruffling her hair. 

"It's fine," She smiled, laughing slightly. 

"They're going in the oven!"

"Oh thank Godric.  I am in desperate need of your cookies,"

"You're always in need of my cookies.  You eat so many of them,"

"Are you calling me fat Mia?!"

"No, you're beautiful sweetie,"

"I'm just kidding.  I play quidditch for crying out loud, I've got abs to see," She lifted her oversized shirt to show her mild abs. 

"How is quidditch going?"

"Good I haven't lost a game yet,"

"Thatta girl!" Mia high-fived her. 

"Did I tell you guys I've switched my career?"

"I thought you wanted to be a healer?"

"Yeah I thought I did but I figured an Auror is so much more badass and a healer is too stereotypical for girls.  There need to be more female Aurors, so I am going to break the stereotype and be the best damn Auror there is,"