Chapter 14

My relationship with Loki... A complicated thing it is. I mean, the only one that knows about us is Thor. Maybe a few people like Eira and Sif may suspect something, but besides that, we are a total secret. It's not like we are ashamed or scared of people knowing... It just kind of happened. We just feel more relaxed being close and stuff when we are some place secluded. Also we have a lot of work, and we barely have any alone time. And we've been going on like this for a few months. As such this has prevented us from ever having a proper date. I plan to change that today.

"Oh Lokiiii...". I say as I peek out from the other side of the door to his office.

"Guess who just finished up all of their work for the rest of the week".

"Good job, dear". He answere, not even lifting his eyes from the papers on his desk.

"Sooo... I was thinking..."

"Not right now Freya". He waved me off.

Is that how you're gonna play? Well, I'll make you pay attention to me.

I quickly go to my room. I take a bath and then cover myself in my favourite jasmine fragrance. I slip on a forest green dress, that I knew was Loki's favourite. I take out some of the jewellery I still had from Vanaheim and put it on. Then I apply the tiniest bit of rouge on my lips and cheeks.

I go back to his office and stand in the doorway.

"Loki".

This time he looked up, to see what I wanted. He remained speechless.

"I'll meet you in the courtyard in 30 minutes".

I turned around and left. Though I could hear him scurry off to his room to get ready.

---

I had been waiting for Loki near the fountain, when he came in from behind and hugged me. I turn around and give him a quick peck on the lips. He had changed into one of his finer outfits, though still green and gold.

"And where shall we go, my lady?" He asked, offering me his arm.

"Somewhere away from our work". I reply, taking his arm.

---

The first place we ended up in was the town. We walked around arm in arm, looking at the busy life of the common folk.

"Fresh bread! Fresh bread! We have freshly baked bread!".

"Finest swords, spears and axes in town. Done in the forge that has been burning for a thousand years".

"Jewellery for the fine lady? We have the finest workmanship in all the nine realms".

Loki stopped and raised an eyebrow at me.

"We could stop just to look". I say. Loki knowing well that my one weakness is jewellery. (Just like in the mythology)

As we got closer my eyes widened. The jewellery was incredible. The details in the metals were so intricate. And the stones were of all kinds, from big to small. My attention was captured by a certain ring. It was made of white gold, shaped like a snake that loosely wrapped around the finger. I put it on my index finger and look at it better. The scales were perfectly detailed, they almost looked real. And the eyes were two greyish crystals, that when in the light reflected either blue or green streaks. (I was thinking of labradorite)

"Oh how wonderful it is. Truly beautiful workmanship". I exclaim.

"Thank you my lady. You have a keen eye". Thanked the shopkeeper.