PART 2: Chapter 25

PART 2: The time of the Avengers

Loki's pov:

I was just walking around the streets of Stuttgart, Germany, checking out the building that I was about to visit in a couple of hours for the man that was in the way of us attaining the Irinium that was required to stabilise the Tesseract. I was also giving SHIELD the chance to find out where I was, so that it may all go as planned. Though I was in a midgardian disguise so that they may not find me sooner than expected.

'I look around at all of the filthy midgardians and only feel pity for their pathetic existences'. I find myself thinking.

But then my eyes stop at a certain person. Before I knew it I was next to her, my hand on her shoulder.

"Freya!". Escaped my mouth.

The woman turned around, confused.

"Sorry, you must be mistaken". She responded in a voice that I had almost forgotten.

The woman looked just like Freya, yet she also looked midgardian. And she genuinely looked like she didn't recognise me.

"I'm sorry. I must have indeed been mistaken". I apologise.

"It's fine. By the way, the name's Iris". She introduced herself with a big smile on her lips.

"I'm Loki, nice to meet you". I say, trying to not stare to much at her.

"Oh, how cool. Your parents must have been cool people to have named the two of you after norse gods". She got really excited as she took my hand and shook it.

"I guess...".

"You're not from 'round here, are you?". Her question caught me off guard.

"How can you tell?".

"You got a certain vibe, that I don't see in other people around here. Are you by any chance British? You look British". The woman excitedly blurted out.

"You are right. I am not from 'around here'. What about you?". I find myself having a proper conversation with her.

It must have been the fact that she reminded me of Freya.

"I'm also not from 'round here. I'm actually from Canada, though I've been here for a while, so I kind of got the feel for the place. Anyway, this isn't the best place to have a conversation. I know a nice bar not far from here that we could chat some more. That is if you aren't busy of course".

I nod and follow her. I just wanted to look at her for a little longer.

---

"You look like and old fashioned type of guy, so I got you one". The woman said as she placed the glass down in front of me and then sat down in the chair opposite me with the other glass in hand.

"So what brought you here?". She asked.

"Work. What about you?".

"Same. I'm here with my brother". She answered.

"You got a brother?". I find myself asking, somehow surprised by how midgardian she acted.

"Yes. Well, he actually isn't my brother, but he is the closest thing I got to one". She explained, swirling the drink around the glass as she did so, and then taking a sip.

"So, Loki, what made you accept my invitation?". Her way of saying my name made my heart skip a beat.

"Well, how could I refuse such a beautiful lady's request?". I put on my usual smile, to hide my unusual feelings.