Chapter 2

I had been in the library for pretty much a month straight. One time I even fell asleep after 40 hours straight of reading. I always loved reading, but now my passion had been intensified by the discovery of the many books about other realms and their magic. And when I found books about the universe outside the 9 realms I was completely sucked in. As I read about a race, that had just gone extinct around the time of my birth and their incredible talent with magic, I felt the need to learn more.

As I looked up, I saw two bright green eyes in the dark, looking back at me. I rubbed my eyes and when I looked again they were gone. My mind had been stuck on the beauty of prince Loki's emerald green eyes. The exhaustion must have made me see things. I quickly wrote down the page I was at in my notebook and placed the books back to their places.

The next morning, as I was getting ready, I heard a knock at the door to my room. Did mother forget something? I opened the door and saw Eira. She was dressed in one of her best dresses, the colour of honey, which suited her complexion nicely.

"Good morning".

I could see in her eyes she had come with a mission.

"Mornin'".

She looked at me and asked:

"Does this dress look nice?".

"Yes, you look great".

"Perfect, could you come with me?".

She had grabbed my arm before I could even say yes or no.

She explained on our way.

"You remember prince Loki... Of course you do. Well, he has just started teaching at magic practice".

"And what you want to do now is...".

I let her finish.

"Go to the magic practice".

"Because he is there...".

"Yes, exactly".

I hadn't been to magic practice since the first day, when I was just looking around the mages wing. We went to a space that wasn't occupied.

"Could we practice magic ball passing?".

Eira asked me even though she knew that I had perfected that a long time ago.

"Sure, I know you are struggling with it a bit".

I let Eira create a ball of magic. It was a small one, about the size of her palm and it had an unstable shape. She passed it to me from her right side so we would create a circular motion. The ball barely got to me, now being the size of a ping pong ball. As I attract it to me I add some of my power, making it the size of a beach ball and perfect it's shape. I pass it back, as Eira pushes it again it loses some of it shape again.

We keep it up for 5 minutes, until I notice someone coming our way.

"Need any help?".

As Eira heard the voice she lost control of the ball and it dissolved in front of her.

"Loki. Hi. Yes, it would be great if you could help me".

I looked into his eyes and he was also looking into mine.

"I'll leave you to help her and go practice over there".

Before they could say anything, I had already gone over to the storage room to pick up some daggers to practice throwing them using my magic.