Chapter 6

As I had began to heal and my arm had regained most of it's colour I was called by Odin. I was helped by a healer to get to the throne room, in case I needed support while walking. I waved away the healer before I entered the throne room. I didn't want to show my weakness.

I stood in front of the stairs. There were the first rank mages all present, as were Thor and Loki. They began to question me about the spell I used to teleport between realms.

"If I knew what happened I would have told you a long time ago. I would have probably wrote a book about it by now". I say trying to explain the situation.

"Just tell us step by step what you did". Said one of the masters as he was holding a quill in one hand and the other hand on a scroll.

"All I can remember was that I was surrounded by guards with swords pointed at me. The next thing I knew was that I felt a strong energy that wasn't mine that gave me power. I just imagined how I wished to just be in the throne room reporting my success. The next moment I found myself here".

I omitted saying anything about the voices. It was sure to only do things worse for me, probably get me locked up.

"Do you know what happened to the guards that surrounded you?". Asked another master.

"No...".

"They were all found dead in a circle. They were completely drained of life, even worse than what had happened to your arm".

I felt all blood leave my face.

"The Vanir are asking questions. They do not know you are here. They want you for the crime you committed. The only thing that has postponed their success in finding you is that they still think you are in Vanaheim". Said Odin with his usual stern voice.

I escaped my death only for a short slither of time.

"What do you want me to do?". I ask defeated.

"I can no longer give you the recompense I had promised you, as the Vanir would find out you are here and start a war with us for sheltering you".

A short laugh escaped my mouth.

"Well, glad I hadn't gotten my expectations too high".

"You can't do that father". Thor intervened.

"She risked her life for our kingdom and you are just going to throw her out now that you have no more use of her!". Thor went on.

"Thor, as future king, you have to understand that we have to make hard decisions for the better of our kingdom".

Thor was about to begin a storm just for me. I had to stop him.

"It's fine Thor".

He chose the lesser evil.

I turn around and head for the door.

"Where are you going? You weren't given permission to leave". Spoke the grand master.

"As Asgard won't help me, I have no reason to obey any longer".

I looked one last time at Thor and gave him a smile before leaving.

---

I had not even gone back to my quarters. I only went back to the infirmary to get my notebook. I didn't care to take anything else with me. As I was going out through the door of the room I bumped into Loki.

"Thought I would find you here".

He then gestured towards my bag.

"And what did you accomplish by finding me?". I ask, placing one of my hands on my hip.