Chapter 22

The whole morning I have been feeling unwell. My head hurt, I felt like I was about to faint at any moment and a strange burning sensation in my stomach had been bothering me. And to top it off, Brynyar had been unusually quiet the whole time.

I had a really bad feeling about this. But I tried to get over it, so that I may finish up the work I had to do.

I was in my office when Eira came over.

"Good morning... Are you alright? You don't look well". She asked, immediately noticing my pale face.

"Morning. I'm feeling a bit sick, but it's fine". I say, trying to make her relax.

"If you say so... Though you shouldn't push yourself".

"So, why have you come?". I ask.

"I had a bad dream, so I came to see if you are alright". She said.

"What was it about?".

"I saw you. You were crying. A strange man was standing behind you and woman was in front of you, and... as strange as it may sound, she had her hand inside of your stomach". A gloomy expression appeared on her face, as she clearly saw the image in her mind again.

"Then, as the dream was about to end, the woman turned into an arrow and went straight into your body, while the man became a purple mist and surrounded you whole. This brought you so much pain in my dream".

"It was just a dream". I try to reassure her.

"I thought the same thing at first, but when I woke up all of the candles in my room had suddenly lit up, and then I felt something strange and I could suddenly do this". She said and showed her palm in which a ball of energy suddenly appeared.

"Your magic returned!".

"Yes. And I fear that it means that what I saw was a prophetic dream". She explained.

I knew that she was right, as I understood what the dream was about. The man was Brynyar, that was slowly pushing his soul into my body, which showed itself like a purple mist. While the woman I wasn't sure what it was, but it reminded me of the time that me and Loki went to Helheim and there I got attacked by an arrow that somehow had been absorbed into my body... And the voice that we heard in the castle had been that of a woman, so it must have been that.

As my chain of thoughts got to a conclusion, the burning sensation in my abdomen intensified.

I began to feel dizzy and my body began to feel cold.

"You're really not looking well. You should go and rest". Eira said and helped me get up and go over to the couch so I could lay down.

"You're freezing". She said as she touched my hand.

"Can you call Loki over?". I ask her in a weak voice.

"Right away!".

I head her run out of the room.

My eyelids got heavy and I fell asleep.

---

I got woken up when Loki came in with Eira next to him.

"She is freezing and she is pale as a ghost". Eira began to say.

Loki kneeled down next to me and placed his hand on my forehead. For the first time his touch didn't feel cold, it even felt warm.

"Eira...". I weakly say.

"Yes".

"Tell him what you dreamt about". I say as I feel my consciousness slipping away.