Chapter 15

I opened my eyes slowly. The first thing I saw was Loki's bare chest, as my head was resting on it. The birds outside were singing their beautiful, refreshing songs. I move my head over to the pillow, so that I could look up at his sleeping face. He had fallen asleep with a smile on his lips.

I kiss him on the forehead, and then get up. I change back into my clothes, and then head to my room. I took a quick bath, changed into my usual clothes and braided my hair.

I had spent some time with Loki, now it was time for me to have some alone time, before I had to start working again. I went to my private library.

Yes, you heard that right. I now had my own library. It was small, but it was my own. It mainly had book that I had collected over time, or copies of books from the other libraries. And it also had my own book, which I had just finished not long ago. It was a book describing the whole incident of when all of the mages had died, and all of the effects it had on the world. At the moment there were 5 copied already made. One was in my possession, one of them was in the palace library, one I had given Loki, and two of them I had donated to two of the libraries that were in town.

Now, going back. I got to my privat library and sat down at the desk. I already had all of the books I needed spread out all over the table. I was researching about Brynyar and that way I was also looking for information about my ancestors.

Brynyar, surprisingly, was older than Odin. He was born around the time that the previous king had ascended to the throne. So pretty much an eternity ago. Though his conquests had only started around a thousand years ago, or at least they got on a big enough scale to be noticed.

I also had searched for the races that he had wiped out, in order to find something about my mother. But, there were just to many races that had the misfortune of being annihilated by Brynyar.

I read on about the powers he told me about, and it was just as he had said. We had the potential to hold unlimited power. And that began to make sense.

I remembered back on Midgard, when I had set everything on fire, it was a great deal of energy. But I had no need to take energy from anything around me, as I had spent the previous months using almost no magic at all, and it had time to gather up.

Also, when I found out about my other strange powers, was around the time I had used up all of my powers.

Then I thought about the fact that in the past I always said that I had weak stamina, and that I felt like I was squeezing energy out of an always empty tank. I felt like I never filled up on magic.

And especially now. I was full of the energy that I had absorbed from Brynyar. I could tell that it was a few centuries worth of energy inside me. And I could feel that it was slowly increasing each and every day.

---

"Couldn't even wait for me to wake up?". Loki was at the door, his voice groggy and his eyes still sleepy.

"Good morning... Or should I say afternoon". I reply sarcastically.

It was past midday by now.

"Are you coming to breakfast with me?".

"You mean lunch? Yeah, I'm coming".

---

We got to the great hall around the same time as our friends. So we all sat together. Loki was resting his head on his hand, keeping his eyes closed.

"Loki, come on. It's not polite to sleep at the table". I scold him.

"Yes, yes, dear". He answered still sleepy.

Eira raised an eyebrow.

"You also look tired, Freya. You have dark circles under your eyes". Said Sif, as she gestured under the eyes.