Chapter 24

PART 1 - Epilogue

We were both destroyed. We felt like the world crashed down, leaving nothing more than pain and sorrow behind.

It became painful to look at Loki, as all I could see was Hela, and how much she resembled him. And he must have felt the same as me.

When our eyes did meet, all I could see was the gaze of a broken man. The sadness that his eyes expressed wasn't one that any man should ever go through.

As for me, I must have looked just as bad. At first I would keep breaking out into hysterical cries, but then slowly my body and mind couldn't keep it up, so it all turned to coldness, as my emotions began to go numb. Nothing around me felt real. The concept of time no longer had any meaning. There was no day or night, just an endless nightmare.

Everything around me brought me pain. The room that we spent many nights talking about the many things that we wished to do with Hela as she grew up. The house in which we planed to raise her. The palace which knew nothing of her existence. The kingdom in which Odin ruled. The kingdom in which the man that took her away ruled.

The only thing that brought me more pain than Odin was sadly Loki. I could no longer see our happy moments, but only our tragic experience. We began to avoid each other, not because we hated each other, but because it was just to painful.

---

I began to pack my stuff, preparing for a long journey. I placed the last thing in my bag and began to walk down the halls. As I walked around, I could see all of the places that we shared happy memories in, and now those places were taken by other people that were happy and creating their own memories.

I reached the stone circle that was at the back of the palace. I placed my hand on one of the stones in order to gather energy.

From behind came Loki, running.

"Freya, don't go".

"I have to, it is to painful for me to stay". I say.

"Then let come with you". He pleaded.

"This is something that only I can do. Something I have to do alone". I say, already feeling the pain of being apart.

"Don't leave me behind. We need a bit more time". Tears appeared in his eyes as he begged me to stay.

"I have to go. If I give up now, I'm not sure I'll be able to live on".

"I know you wanna make it right. But I'm not sure I'll be able to live on without you". His words only brought me more pain.

"I have to find a way to save her. And that answer is not here". I say, trying to push him away while I still have the strength to do so.

"I can't live my life without you".

"I am sorry". I look away, as I fear that I may give in if I look into his eyes.

I prepare myself to teleport, but at the last moment I felt Loki's embrace as he leaned in and our lips met. I couldn't hold back, so I returned the kiss. His embrace felt just as dear to me as before. I knew that our love had not died down at all, but the love I held for our child was just as strong, and I hadn't even gotten the chance to show it to her.

And I also needed peace of mind. And that also meant that I had to resolve everything with my family, and the only way to do it was to leave.

I break out kiss and then look into his eyes. I take off my necklace and place it in his palm.