Chapter 4

I had arrived to Vanaheim with Frey. He soon took me to our father.

"Father, I have brought back your child. Your daughter, named Freya by her mother that you loved so much".

An old man that was very pale and had his hair wet and full of sea salt looked absentmindedly at me.

"What daughter? I do not have any daughters".

"Of course you do. You sent me to bring then back to you, her and her mother that sadly passed away".

The old man looked at me as if he tried to remember something.

"She's not my child, send her away!".

The old man gestured me to leave and turned back to looking out the window, at the sea.

"I'm sorry, our father hasn't been feeling like himself lately. I'm sure he will soon understand what he did and come apologising to you".

I just nod as I look at the sickly looking man that was supposed to be my father.

Frey took me to my new chambers. They were much bigger than the ones I had in Asgard and I didn't have to share them with anyone. I even had a maid that was assigned to help me.

"Do you wish to change your clothes?".

The maid asked looking at the clothes I was wearing, trying to hide her distaste.

"I guess...".

She lead me to a wardrobe that had already been filled with dresses in the Vanaheim style of clothing. It was quite different to the asgardian one I had gotten used to. It had a breezy feeling, the top part was much more form fitting and they felt much more revealing. The lower cuts, allowed for cleavage to be seen and many of the dresses even had slits at the side or others were backless. The Vanir definitely embrace the shapes of the body more. I chose the one that was the least revealing and then headed for the library.

To my excitement I found new books that I had not seen in Asgard. I had spent there quite a few days and nights. But one night after I had been asked by Frey to visit our father again and I had been rejected by him again, I had decided to listen in at the door to find out what Frey was going to tell Njörd.

"Father. I asked you to cooperate. You know my plan, why won't you just tell her she is your daughter".

"But she isn't".

"I know that. I came up with it all. But we need everyone to believe that, especially her and Odin".

I was tricked... I remembered prince Loki's warning, to trust my feelings. He could feel it, that something was off, yet because I had hoped for everything to be true, I ignored my own intuition.

They suddenly went silent, then the door opened and Frey saw me listening in. He dragged me into the room and closed the door.

"You were spying on us".

"Yes, and I found out you lied to me!".

"No hard feelings dear. It was my plan all along, and it just happened that you fit the role of my long lost sister perfectly. And when I saw how close you were to the prince I knew I had picked you perfectly. All I had to do was turn you against Odin and make you be on our side".

"And what would that have accomplished?".

"We would have made you marry Thor, the future king and that way creating a strong grip on Asgard. Making you secretly have my child instead of Thor's and then making him the heir and making Asgard be under complete control of Vanaheim".