Chapter 20

All of the Valkyrie had gathered on the rainbow bridge, except for Sif, which I couldn't for the life of me find anywhere. Also queen Gyda had stayed behind, but that was because she didn't wish to hold us back.

"We are ready. Heimdall, open the Bifröst".

We found ourselves in a forest, near the wooden hut that I had previously seen through Heimdall's eyes. I made a signal for the girls to circle all around the building. Then I went in.

There I found Fjolnir, sitting on the ground, a bottle in his hand.

"Oh great, look who showed up".

He looked rough. He had dark circles under his eyes. His face showed great pain.

"What happened to you?". I asked.

"You happened...".

He took a gulp of his drink.

"If only you hadn't escaped... Do you know how mad Brynyar was that I lost you? He hasn't let me forget about it one day. He has tormented my mind day and night". He said.

"That is what he does. I understand you. He has used you, like he did many others".

"I don't need your consolation or pity. If you are here to take me in, I'll go willingly. I'm not about to start a fight with all of those scary ladies outside".

"Thank you for your cooperation".

I placed handcuffs on his wrists and then went outside with him.

"Heimdall, take us back".

---

We had Fjolnir locked up. The next day I went to visit him.

"I hope that the accommodation is suitable enough for you. If there is anything you may need, feel free to ask". I politely say.

We had given him one of the rooms in the mages wing. Besides the fact that we had sealed it so that nobody could come in or leave without my permission, the room was nice. It had a big and comfortable bed, a window with a beautiful view of the gardens, a private bathroom and even a few books for entertainment.

"Just get on with it. What is it that you want?". He said in a cold tone.

"Well, I'll start by saying that I have forgiven whatever you have done to me and Loki and that I hope that it brought you some solace for the pain that I had caused you. And I hope that there won't be any hard feelings left between us". I try speaking calmly.

"I see that you've become quite the diplomat. All that power you gained made you change? Well, don't worry, you are just as much a killer as you were before". He responded.

"I know that you are in a bad spot and that you have been through a lot. But I hope that you may listen to what I have to say and give it some thought".

So I told him all of the details of how I hoped to help Vanaheim and how in exchange for his help we would give him back the throne, and that he would be under our protection, under the protection of Asgard and the Valkyrie.

"So I would be king?".

"Yes". I answer.

"But I'll be under you?".

"Well, this would be the only condition that the Allfather has imposed. But don't worry, it won't as strict as you think". I try to reassure him.

"And about my nightmares?".

"I'll make you a protection charm that will block Brynyar out".