Grand Magic Games Pt. 3- The True Meaning of Family

Kori's POV

I slowly wake up to birds singing and I feel that someone was beside me with their arms around me, their embrace was warm, comforting and made me feel safe like a mother's embrace when I looked over I blushed deeply to find a sleeping Wendy snuggled close to me and then I look down to see Snowball, Carla and Happy sleeping with one another and then Natsu sleeping at Lucy's bedside, speaking of Lucy she started to wake up and I see her eyes flutter open and she looks at me with a confused look and I put my finger to my lips and motioned her to look around which she does so. "Good mornin'" I say and Lucy smiles. "Good morning Kiro." Lucy whispered back and I turn around carefully as to not wake the exceeds or Wendy and I turn so I could face Lucy properly. "What happened that got you in here?" Lucy asked softly and I look away a bit. "I had to be knocked out by Gajeel.." I replied and Lucy looked confused. "Why is it something I should be concerned about?" Lucy questioned and I move my hands with a looked that said 'Wellll'. "I mean kinda.. it happened after you were wounded by Minerva.. I got really angry... I wanted to teach her a lesson for usin' such a dangerous spell... she could've killed ya without a second thought..." I said sadly as hold Wendy close and when I looked at her sleeping peacefully and I smile a bit. "But everythin's fine now... atleast I think." I said before looking back up at Lucy who was slowly getting up and leaning on the headboard of the bed.

Lucy's POV

I carefully prop myself on the headboard of the bed so I didn't hurt myself and I look at Kori with a smile. "Well atleast as far as you know everything's been sorted out, but just try not to kill anyone, besides you see that I'm fine right?" I ask Kori and he nods slightly. Just then Natsu started to slowly wake up and he sits up from laying on my bedside and yawns. "Good morning.." he said tiredly and I smile at the Salmon haired wizard. "Good morning Natsu." I replied and Kori played with one of Wendy's pigtails. "Wow who does Wendy's hair... its so soft and silky." Kori said and I smile. "I usually do sometimes I get jealous of how beautiful her hair looks compared to mine." I said giggling a little. "But Lucy your hair is always beautiful." Natsu said smiling causing me to blush. "Oh u-um thank you Natsu." I stuttered and I hear Kori chuckle and then Wendy moving and then yawn and Kori gets this playful devilish smirk and I watch with Natsu with curiosity. "Good.. morning." Wendy said tiredly.

Kori's POV

"Good.. Morning." I hear Wendy say tiredly. Now it's my time to shine. "Good Morning my beautiful Sky Princess." I say in the most relax and comfortable tone I could muster and Wendy looked at me confused at first until she realized what I called her and her face turned 50 shades of red and she covered her face and I heard multiple muffled apologies.I start laughing and the exceeds woke up. "Huh what happened?" Snowball asked half asleep. "Did Wendy fall again?" Carla asked. "Is breakfast ready?" Happy asked drowsily. "No no and it was Nothin' really don't worry." I replied and pet their heads softly, I hesitated on Carla cause I knew she didn't like being touched until she leaned her head into my hand which gave me the ok. "Good morning you three how did you sleep?" Natsu asked and Snowball who stretched finally able to keep her eyes open for more than a couple seconds replied. "Like a kitten." She said with a smile. I then sit up and stretch and then Makarov and Mavis come into the Infirmary. "Good morning everyone." Mavis said and then she turned to me and I was beside Wendy taking Snowball into my arms and she smiled and giggled as I tossed her in the hair a little before looking at Mavis. "Kori can we talk to you?" Makarov asked and I look concerned. "Oh you're not in trouble or anything we have a request for you." Mavis reassured me and I sigh in relief. "Kori, I know you're not officially apart of Fairy Tail yet, but we really need a new person for Team A, so will you be willing to act as a filler? Pwease?" Mavis asked childishly and she made a cute face and I think about it. "Is Minerva in the event?" I ask and they nod and I think more. "Fine then anythin' to show that betch the true definition of Pain." I said popping my knuckles. "Just don't kill Minerva." Makarov said and I nod. "Fine." I said looking out the window with a dark expression.