The Sad Truth that Turns into a Heartfelt Offer

Wendy's POV

Me, Carla and the rest of the wizards walk into where Cateshelter was with Kori and Snowball not far behind. Me and Carla see our guild master and we run to him. "Master, we're back!" I exclaim happily hugging him. "Well done all of you!" He said smiling hugging me back and he looks towards the other wizards. "Thank you for helping and saving our guild fellow light wizards, this means a lot." He continued to say but then he sees Kori and Snowball who were trying to hide their Irwindale marks and master looked concerned. "AH m-master that's Kori and Snowball they're our friends they mean no harm they were the ones that helped us get to Nirvana!" I explain thinking he'd attack Kori and Snowball. "Ah I see, don't worry child I won't hurt them, I was just thinking about something well you all hungry?" He asked and reassuring me at the same time. "Food!?" Happy and Natsu said at the same time. "Why yes I think a celebration is in order so what do you say?" He asked and everyone nodded.

(Time skip to during the party brought to you by chibi Snowball and Happy dancing together)

Kori's POV

Everyone was partying and drinking I was sitting away from everyone and I watch Snowball having a good time with Carla and Happy she genuinely looked happy and I crack a half smile as I make sure my Irwindale mark was still hidden. "Nice party isn't it?" I looked to the side and saw the Cateshelter guild master and I jump and he chuckled. "Sorry to startle you young man." He said scratching the back of his head. "Y-yeah it's fine." I said looking away from him and he sighs. "Listen young man and listen well, I may not be as wise as Makarov, but one thing is for sure." He began talking and I looked at him. "I noticed your Irwindale mark earlier and the fact being you helped us destroy Nirvana caught me off guard, knowing for a fact Irwindale is one of the most dangerous dark guilds in Fiore I have to ask what drove you to helping us?" He asked me. "It was cause I wanted to help Wendy and Carla and I'm actually related to the first master of Fairy Tail.." I replied confused and the old man nodded.

"Another question is, why are you hiding your mark?" He asked and it was met with a long pause of silence from me. "Because I hate bein' in Irwindale, it's absolute hell there my tyrant of a father is its guild master.. he's such an abusive arsehole. I hate it there, but no matter how much I escape and run he always finds me and brings me back." I said my hands turn into fists. "Well for as much as it's worth, just because you're a dark wizard doesn't mean you can't be around others you care about, and don't let your old man get to you." He said patting my shoulder as I looked at him with widened eyes and I nod. "Th-thank ya." I replied. "I need to tell Carla and Wendy a secret that I wish I didn't have to... so please this is going to be hard on them so can you grant this old fool a favor?"

He asked looking at me and I nod for him to continue. "Take care of them for I'm afraid the guild of Cateshelter is running out of time.." he said and I look at him in shock as he walks to Wendy and Carla. "I promise to my dyin breath." I whisper.

Carla's POV

I saw our guild master approach me and Wendy with sorrow in his eyes. "Master, is something the matter?" I asked concerned. "Carla... Wendy I'm sorry but there's soemthing I need to tell you." He said reluctantly. "W-what is it master?" Wendy asked worriedly. "I'm afraid that the guild... is nothing but a lie.. it's not real." He said and it made me and Wendy shocked. "W-what are you talking about master?" I asked thinking it was a joke. "Cateshelter was never real to begin with when Jellal brought Wendy here there was just a bunch of ruins from my civilization a city that which no longer exists."

He explained and we all listened and Kori started to get up and he walked to Wendy who started crying. I didn't know what to think then I saw Wendy calling out to our former guild master as he began to vanish along with everything else as well as our guild marks I started crying at this point Happy and Snowball hugged me tightly which I hug back.