An Explanation

Nobody's POV

It was quiet, Kori had left after hearing about possible Irwindale members in Magnolia, needless to say without Kori the guild was quiet everyone knew what was bound to happen and what they'd do. There was still chatter though and it still has a lighthearted environment though, some people were joking and kidding with each other but where team Natsu, Gajeel, Wendy, the exceeds, Levy and Romeo sat it was rather silent. Natsu stood up and growled. "Grrrr what is with that Ryu guy that gets Kori so scared and what's so special about this Phantom Slayer magic that Kori keeps mentioning!?" He exclaimed messing up his hair. Gajeel shrugged and leaned back in a chair he pulled up. "I dunno its my first time of ever hearing that form of slayer magic ever." He said and watched Levy flip through a book.

Levy's POV

I was flipping through the "History of Magic" book I had, it was the first volume of 12 and one of the oldest books I read. "I see mentions of God Slayer, Dragon Slayer, Demon Slayer, but so far nothing on Phantom Slayer magic, do you think it might be a newer form of magic?" I ask everyone then Romeo piped up. "Hang on what about that entry right at the bottom?" Romeo asked and I looked at the bottom, there it was a entry for Phantom Slayer magic I began reading out loud "Phantom Slayer magic is one of the lost forms of Slayer Magic much like the other Slayer Magics, Phantom Slayer magic was used to combating and even exorcising Phantoms of all scales and is known to be one of the four most powerful forms of Slayer Magic known to the magical realm, however little is known about Phantom Slayers other than that they can consume almost all other forms of Slayer Magic though if trained correctly the reverse can be said for other Slayers to consume Phantom Slayer magic as long as the magic is the same element." I read and then saw that their was a whole other page torn out of the book as if someone didn't want anyone to know more about such a interesting form of Slayer Magic. "I didn't notice this rip before... that can only mean there was more to Phantom Slayer magic, something that apparently somebody didn't want the public finding out. Making the mystery behind Phantom Slayer magic all the more interesting." I said and everyone nodded. "Maybe Kori may have some in sight on it or maybe his father has something regarding the mystery of Phantom Slayers somewhere in Irwindale." Wendy suggested and everyone looked and thought. "He might when he's not in his office I usually go in to look at his books he might have and they did mention the Slayer Magics within the books so its a big possibility." Snowball said and she took a shrimp and ate it. "Mmmm~ shrimp." She said enjoying the flavor and Carla rolls her eyes but then finds herself being offered shrimp. "I know you don't usually eat seafood but can you atleast try a shrimp... its the smallest of the bunch pwease?" Snowball asked in a cute tone with her.... kitten eyes? Puppy eyes? (Idk) and Carla sighs. "Fine, but only because you asked nothing else." Carla says as she took the shrimp and reluctantly took a bite out of it and ate it. "It's.... Ok I guess. Thank you for sharing your.. shrimp with me." Carla said smiling and Snowball gave a toothy grin. "YUP!" Snowball exclaimed happily and Carla smiled. I couldn't help but giggle on how cute the exceeds interacted with each other.. Im happy it got more lively in the guild.

Kori's POV

I was walking near the outskirts of Clover and sigh seeing the crater that was left by Fairy Tail because of the Lullaby Demon that attacked years back. "That was the deed that put Fairy Tail on Irwindale's radar to begin with." I said solemnly thinking out loud.
"Damn it all. . . Damn it all to fuckin' hell." I said kicking a nearby rock down the crater hearing it hit the the sides and then hitting the bottom with a cracking noise. I look around the erea within time this crater could become a pond or even turned into a quarry or big fortress with Labyrinths of grand hallways and soldiers. Speaking of soldiers I heard a lot about a war thats gonna be declared by Fiore and a neighboring Kingdom the King wanted the magic guilds to participate in this war but I personally have my doubts the only condition I have that needs to be met before I'll fight in that war is that I get pardoned from all the murders and assassinations I had to do while in Irwindale. "Hmph easier said than done." I thought aloud. " That's only if I fuckin' survive the whole ordeal.." I said sitting down on the edge of the crater and reflected on all that happened the wind blows softly against my face. It was.... peaceful... tranquil even even in times of Foreign and Domestic Violence there's still places of relaxation where basically anyone can go to relax and forget about their troubles. I honestly wish more places offered such a feeling that wasn't like cemetery for example Fairy Tail's cemetery known as Sleepy Hollow the final resting place of all former members of Fairy Tail that includes my mother.. I chuckle to myself. "I wonder what she'd do if she saw me like this... what would be different if she was still alive... I'm willin' to bet I definitely wouldn't be so fucked up in the bloody head." I said smiling as I started to laugh but that laugh quickly faded as I look down. "Damn it..... maybe I'll find something worth something if I do go and participate, but where would I go the king is probably on a campaign by now unless he's still mobilizing troops that is."I said to myself strongly considering the option suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and my reaction was to try and freeze them but then my hand stopped after seeing it was Makarov and I sigh and I started to relax again. "My apologies Master Makarov." I said and he smiled. "It's quite alright my boy, is this seat taken?" The short elder wizard asked and I shook my head and motioned him to sit.

Makarov's POV

I sat on the ledge of the crater beside Kori before narrowly avoiding being froze by the young Ice Wizard. I could tell just by reading his body language he was wondering what to do from here and that he has a solemn look written on his face. "I remember the fight with Lullaby as if it were yesterday Gray, Erza, Lucy and Natsu went overboard caused the crater you see here." I explained remembering how angry the Magic Council was with me and my guild. "Aye.... and it was the same event that got Fairy Tail on Irwindale's radar and when everything went the way it did atleast from my perspective." Kori said looking out in the distance and sighs getting up. "Makarov yer the god son of Mavis right?" Kori asked me and I nod. "She also bore a child somehow and named him August he resides and is working with the kingdom we went to war with as far as I remember." I replied and Kori sighs and nods to himself. "My mind's made up then." Kori says as he gets up. "You're participating in the war?" I asked and Kori nods and I smile. "Well you're in luck I had told the king that Fairy Tail would be participating in the battles to come and was hoping to enlist your help anyway." I smirk and Kori gets a surprised look. "Are ya sayin' the reason why yer here was to ask me to join the war under yer banner?" Kori asked in disbelief and I nod and he smiles. "Alright what the hell im sure it'd be fun." Kori said smiling.

Kori's POV

After hearing that August was Aunt Mavis' kid somehow I knew what I had to do he must be younger than Makarov atleadt by a year or two but despite this he sounded powerful. I'd know going into war there will be a lot of death, but I'm no stranger to death of any magnitude at this point in my life, being a dragon slayer we age different so to some I should be atleast in my early adulthood same as Wendy but our bodies and chemical balances take the form of kids in dragon years which translates to me me being 12 I think.... I honestly lost count after I stopped celebrating my birthday. Regardless my next stop is my buddies at the Blacksmith shop, I'm getting myself some custom made armour cause the Heavens and Hell for sure I'm gonna need it.

End of Chapter

With the war finally being declared and the king strongly suggest that all guilds should participate in the war, the decision and planning on entering the war weighed heavily on Kori once he heard of the declaration. He initially he'd join the war if he was excused from all the murders and assassinations he committed during his time in Irwindale, however Makarov finds him and tells him about his plan on having Fairy Tail go to war with the kingdom Fiore is fighting and wanted to enlist Kori's help which Kori happily agreed to. Next time on the Ice Dragon Slayer and the Sky Maiden! THE CLASH OF AUGUST LEAVES AND WINTER SNOW!

Words: 1624