🎬22🎬

I loved all the yellow flowers around Stars Hollow during the summer, it was very aesthetically pleasing.

Rory ended up coming in the top three percent of her class...I was the top five percent but I did find it a little harder to adjust to Chilton than Rory did. 

"So, your mom is getting married?!" Tessa pestered me as we walked down the street. "Well, she hasn't said yes yet but yes," I smirked. "Rory and I haven't left her alone all summer." 

"I'm glad you made it out of your first year of Chilton in one piece, you had someone to keep you company," Tessa laughed. 

"If it wasn't for Andrea, I would not have survived," I sighed happily. "Am I ever gonna meet her?" Tessa wondered. "One day but not today Tess," I told her. 

"Are her parents fancy-pants people like your grandparents?" 

"They're more...relaxed," I told her, struggling to find the word. 

We came across Bootsy's stand and out of the corner of my eye, I spotted Mom reading a bridal magazine. "Whatcha reading?" I asked her, making her jump. 

"EVIL!" she shouted, smacking me on the arm with the newspaper she was holding. "She truly is evil," Tessa agreed with her. 

"I'll take that," Rory popped out of nowhere and took the magazine from Mom and paid for it. 

"So, when's the wedding?" Tessa asked Mom just to annoy her. "What has she been telling you?" Mom sighed, gesturing at me. "Don't look at me!" I held up my hands in mock surrender.

To make things funnier, Miss Patty saw the magazine and assumed that Mom said yes. "I'm gonna go home, bye," Tessa muttered before skipping away. 

I rolled my eyes and turned back to Mom, Rory and Miss Patty. "She said yes!" Miss Patty cheered. 

"I know!" I exclaimed, playing along. "It's very exciting!" 

"Has she told Luke?" Miss Patty asked me. Before I had the chance to answer, Mom cut in. "No, I haven't, it only happened last night! It's not a big deal, we're about to have breakfast there." 

"Break it to him gently," Miss Patty told her. 

"We're just....

"Friends, I know, I know," Miss Patty chuckled, meaning she didn't buy it. No one in this town did. 

The three of us started heading towards Luke but somehow Miss Patty got the entire town to follow us. Once we sat down, they were pressing their faces against the windows. 

"Just tell him, rip off the band aid," I advised Mom. "What's the rush?" she asked me, looking at the menu. I pointed outside and Mom gasped. "Fine!" 

She got up and walked over to the counter. "How do you think he'll react?" Rory asked me. "Play it off nonchalantly," I answered her. 

"You know this how?" Rory eyed me skeptically. "It's Luke," I told her. "Good point," she nodded. 

I heard a soft thud outside and I turned my head to look out the window. "Someone fainted." 

"Yeah, it was Kirk," Rory looked out the window as people started to look after Kirk. 

Mom came back with three muffins and coffee. "How'd he take it?" Rory asked her. 

"Fine," she answered quickly. I was right. 

***

I jumped out of the jeep as Mom pulled up in Grandma and Grandpa's driveway. Mom took her sweet time getting out of the jeep by accidentally, on purpose, leaving the keys in the ignition and her coat in the backseat.