🎬24🎬

"Okay, how's that one?" I asked. "Crunchy and zingy," Mum smiled. "I think she loves the cake more than us," Rory pouted.

"There's doubt?" I frowned jokingly. "Fran, these are all amazing."

"Why, thank you, dear," Fran smiled at me. "Have you picked a flavour?"

"I don't know, they're all so good," Mom told her, putting off making a decision.

"It's a very crucial decision, cake is the glue of the wedding so you will stand here and keep eating until you decide," Fran told Mom sternly.

"If you insist," Mom smirked at me and Rory. "Oh, I do," Fran made her point clear. "Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life."

"Oh yes, which reminds me," I put my fork down. "I made invitations last night."

I took some notes out of my backpack and I showed them to Mom and Rory. "You just have to pick a quote for the front."

"What is love? It is the morning and the evening star...too sappy, next," Mum took them from me and picked one.

"Okay, Mussolini it is," Rory laughed. "How come we're eating samples when Sookie is making it?"

"Don't question it, Ror, just enjoy," I smiled, eating more of the chocolate. "Good girl," Mom smiled at me.

***

"There are no good movies!" Tessa whined, looking at a magazine which told her what movies would be showing in Hartford.

"That's cause we've seen them all already," I groaned. "So, what's this about Max staying over?" Tessa asked me.

"He's spending the night and Rory and Dean are going on a double date with them."

"It could be a triple date," Tessa wondered. "No and before you ask, I'm not going to ask Dave."

"Why not?" Tessa wondered. "Because he's my ex boyfriend! Ex translates to not anymore."

"One day a guy will come into your life and you will marry that guy and have his babies!"

"Fat chance."

I came home pretty late and Mom and Rory were watching Billy Jack with Max.

"Hezzy, how's Tessa?" Mom asked me as I came in. "Desperate to change my relationship status," I sighed but I still had a discreet smile on my face.

My best friend did care about my love life but I'm sixteen, that wasn't priority number one for me. Getting into Columbia or Dartmouth was.

I jumped into bed but only to be awaken by Mom. "There's a boy in the house, Hezzy."

"I know, it's Max," I said into my pillow. "But I didn't even think about how this was going to affect you and Rory."

"We'll be fine, Mom, Rory's okay with it and so am I," I told her, rolling over on my side. "It's an adjustment period, you'll get used to it, does he hog the bed?"

"Thankfully no," Mum laughed. "Okay then, good night," I yawned. "Night sweetie," Mom muttered.

"Not in my room!"

"Evil!"

***

Mom, Rory and I walked to Luke's the next morning, Max was gonna catch up with us once he found Bootsy's stand.

"Can you clear that one off? We're four today," Mom told Luke. "I only see three," Luke pointed out.

"Well, Max is coming," Rory piped up. "Didn't know that Max suddenly gained the power of invisibility," Luke snarked.