🎬49🎬

"It looks so disgusting!" I complained. "Well, stop at it!" Rory scolded me. I put the sunglasses on and sighed.

"Well, you have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, to check if it's viral or bacterial," Mom reassured me.

Yep, I have pinkeye.

My eye was all oozy and gross. "You can walk around town though," Rory reassured me. "Just have to keep your hands off your boyfriend for a few days."

I pouted. "It looks so disgusting," I groaned.

Mom put some Purell on my desk and gave me a sad smile. "Well, at least it's October, you'd make a convincing zombie."

I couldn't help but smile. Some asshat in school gave it to me. Hopefully it'll go away soon.

***

"The bottom line is that too many birds are landing on the street lights," Taylor complained at the town meeting. "And relieving themselves on people who pass by, they seem to be doing it on purpose."

"If anyone has a picture of Taylor getting crapped on by a bird, I'll pay top dollar," Luke piped up.

"All animals have to do that, what makes you think you can stop birds?" Miss Patty asked him rhetorically.

"We'll put sharp metal spikes on top of the fixtures," Taylor stated. "When they land, they're shish kebab."

"That counts as animal abuse and animal cruelty!" I piped up. A man suddenly walked in. "Uh excuse me?" he muttered in a Spanish accent. "I'm looking for..ah there she is, Patricia."

"Oooooooh!" the entire hall said in unison. "Oh, stop it," Miss Patty blushed. "I'll be out soon Jésús, patience."

"Who's the fox?" Babette piped up. "I met him at a funeral, great dancer, Latin," Miss Patty smirked.

"Ooooooh," we all teased her. "People!" Taylor yelled. "I take it no one is on board with the bird spikes."

"Let Miss Patty's date begin!" Mom announced. "There's one more thing," Taylor spoke up. "The odd man, with the backpack on his back all the time, has put in an absurd request to protest in the town square, which I'm refusing, so meeting adjourned."

I met up with Tessa outside. "I know you like the Matrix but it's a bit weird to be wearing sunglasses inside," she poked fun at me.

I lifted them up and she gagged once she saw my disgusting eye. "OH GOD!"

"Some ass-clown gave me pinkeye," I sighed. I spotted Jess getting out of a car across the street. "Don't tell him I have pinkeye or else I'll be single again," I muttered to Tessa. I did a double take on the car. "When did he get a car?" 

We walked across the street to meet up with him. "You got a car?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I got a car," he grumbled. "Luke won't get off my back."

Jess looked up at me. "You realise it's night time, right?"

"We actually watched the Matrix yesterday and Lorelai said that she bets Heather can't wear her sunglasses everywhere like Neo so she's proving her wrong," Tessa said, lying her ass off.

"Hmm, now tell me the real reason," Jess looked at me. "How did you afford the car?" Tessa retorted. "Seriously?" he rolled his eyes. "Take it from someone who worked at Luke's, he doesn't pay much," Tessa shot back.

Okay, this is getting weird. "Okay," I spoke up for the first time. "Tess, I need my....prescription, can we go?"

"Hang on," Tessa stopped me. "Where was Hezzy in the decision making?"