🎬10🎬

"So, what happened again?" I asked Rory as she sat with me in Luke's. "Dean and I were wandering around, we fell asleep, I woke up and it was five thirty, just Tristan pissed him off a lot," she explained to me. "She wanted me to go on the pill."

"You guys just fell asleep, no offence Ror but you freaked out over a kiss, I doubt sex will be happening any time soon," I sighed, taking a swig of coffee. "Thank you!" Rory exclaimed. "I mean I thought you were already there by the time I got back because Andrea and I went to Hartford for at least an hour."

"Now everything's sucky, Mom hates me, you hate her, she hates Grandma and vice versa," Rory mumbled. "Any word from Dean?" I asked her. "He called but I didn't answer, it's been a couple of days since we spoke," she told me. "So, started your Christmas shopping?" I asked her. "I need your opinion," she told me. "I got Dean a book..."

I immediately grimaced. "That's like Dean getting you something sporty that you'll hate, back to brainstorming," I sighed. "We'll figure it out, we need Tessa and Lane, they go to school with him, maybe they know what he's getting you," I shrugged as we walked out of Luke's.

***

"Just change your mind," Rory shouted from the kitchen. "I don't think she meant it."

"She meant it," Mom grumbled. "You're really holding a grudge, if anyone should be holding a grudge..."

I shook my head, telling Rory to stop. "It's not worth it," I murmured. "We'll just put your name on the present."

"I think you're acting immature," Rory spoke up but she soon gave up trying to argue and the two of us sat in her room. "I'm surprised Grandma wants me there," I admitted. "Please don't say Ted Bundy again," Rory shuddered. "Sorry," I mumbled. "I just don't want to go, Grandma thinks the whole thing is my fault because I wasn't keeping an eye on you."

"I'll make her see I'm to blame, not you," Rory promised me as we went out the door together. "I'll drive," I took the keys from Rory and started the car.

Rory rang the doorbell once we arrived at Grandma's and she answered the door. "Rory, Heather, you both look lovely," she smiled as if nothing happened. "This is from all of us," Rory handed her a present. "Heather, a word," Grandma beckoned me into the kitchen and I followed her.

"Yeah?" I looked down at my shoes. "You deserve an apology," Grandma sighed. "That night wasn't your fault, I should not have placed the blame on you, you're not responsible for your sister's actions and I'm sorry."

"Thank you," I murmured. "I accept your apology."

The two of us went back inside and I sat next to Rory. "Grandma apologised to me," I said in a low voice. "Before Mom?" Rory raised her eyebrows. "My oh my, how the tables have turned."

"Trust me, Ror, I was thinking exactly the same thing."

"Twin telepathy is real!"

I giggled and high-fived my sister.

We all sat around the table for dinner, digging into the turkey. "Emily, you've outdone yourself!" Gigi exclaimed. "It's delicious, Emily," Alan grinned.

"Thank you," Grandma beamed. "I for one would like to know where Henry is," Grandpa sighed, talking about business from earlier. "Richard, please not at the table," Grandma sighed.

"He's out all hours with that tramp," Grandpa rolled his eyes. "She ain't cheap," Alan chuckled. "Ew children present," I shuddered and Rory started laughing. "It's unbearably hot in here," Grandpa sighed, loosening his tie. "I need to turn down the thermostat."

He got up from the table and headed towards the kitchen.

"It's a shame Lorelai couldn't come," Gigi sighed. "She wasn't feeling well," Grandma lied. "I thought she was working?" Gigi frowned. "Richard, forget the thermostat, Heather, get your grandfather, would you?"

"Sure," I nodded. "Grandpa?!"

I walked into the kitchen to find him on the floor, unconscious. "Oh, my God!" I gasped, kneeling down next to him. "Grandpa?! GRANDPA?! SOMEONE HELP ME! PLEASE!"

***

I sat down in the waiting room, tapping my foot rapidly. "Rory, get your grandfather a paper," Grandma instructed her. "Do you need anything Grandma?" Rory asked her. "I'm fine," Grandma murmured.

I tried calling Mom again but there was no answer. I got up and followed Rory to the store. Rory gave me a big hug. "I was so scared," I murmured, playing with my hands. "He was just..."

"It's okay," Rory tried her best to comfort me. She bought the newspaper for Grandpa and we walked back to find Luke in the waiting room.

"Hello," I tilted my head in confusion. "I gave your mom a ride, we weren't on a date," Luke said almost immediately. "Okay then," I mumbled.

"Thanks for bringing her," Rory mumbled. "You okay?" Luke asked us. "Hezzy found him," Rory sighed and Luke gave me a hug, which surprised me. "Thanks," I smiled.

He's a good hugger.

Mom came into the room and hugged Rory. She looked at me with tears in her eyes. "Oh, my little demon," she sniffled and she hugged me tightly. "I'm so sorry! You deserved none of that."

Mom and I just kept on hugging one another. "I'm so sorry, sweetie," she whispered. "Are you okay?"

I just shook my head. "I'm gonna get coffee," Rory spoke up. "Luke, tea?"

"Peppermint, preferably," he nodded. "Hezzy?"

I let go of Mom and wiped my eyes. "Yeah, I'm coming."

The two of us walked out of the reception. "I don't want him to..." Rory sighed. "We gotta stay strong, he won't die, Ror," I murmured, holding her hand.

***

"Where's Mom?" I asked Luke. "Looking for coffee. Where's Rory?" Luke asked me. "Reading to Grandpa," I told him. "You don't like hospitals?"

"That obvious, huh?" Luke asked me. I nodded. "I'm gonna look for Mom, I'll be back."

I walked into the waiting room and Mom walked over to me and gave me another hug. "I was a mega jerk."

"Yeah," I nodded. "Evil!" she swatted my arm. "I really am sorry."

"I know," I nodded. "I just can't imagine you dating boys," Mom chuckled. I just kept nodding. "Yep."

Wait until I have another boyfriend because I think that might be the thing that causes my mother to have a heart attack.