🎬9🎬

A/N Heather's Dress for the Formal

"Your grandfather called last night," Grandma told us. "He's bringing both you and your sister something back from Prague."

"I've always wanted to go to Prague, see all the castles," I smiled. "We should stop there on our big Europe trip," Rory grinned. "Lorelai, what are you doing?" Grandma questioned her. "Getting rid of the avocado," Mom gestured towards her plate.

Grandma just shook her head, clearly regretting asking. "So, tell me about the formal next week."

"There's a formal?" Mom raised her eyebrows. "And how do you know about it Mom?"

"I get a Chilton newsletter, since I contribute to Rory and Heather's education," Grandma stated simply. "So, the formal?"

"Well, I don't think I'm gonna go," I spoke up. "Dances aren't my thing."

"I'm not going if she isn't," Rory insisted. "Nonsense, of course you're both going," Grandma shook her head. "Lorelai, what did you say to them?"

"I said nothing, if Heather doesn't want to go, that's her choice and it's Rory's choice too," Mom defended herself.

On the way back home, the two of us were interrogated. "Now, I know Rory's too afraid to ask Dean or deal with those snobby students but you, I don't get."

"I have no one to go with," I told her. "I don't want to be the kid who's too pathetic to get a date."

"I have to deal with Tristan and Paris," Rory sighed. "At least you have your stalker though," I pointed out.

"You have got to stop calling him that," Rory grumbled. "Andrea wants me to go because she and Tristan broke up," I told her. "She's taking me dress shopping tomorrow."

"All you need is a date," Rory piped up.

Once we got home, Rory walked into my room without knocking which peeved me off just a little bit. "Come in," I muttered sarcastically.

Rory sat on my bed and looked me in the eyes. "Ask Dave to go with you."

"He's my ex, so how about no," I muttered, lying down. "Please?"

"No!"

"Please?"

"NO!"

"Please!"

"Rory, I can't keep doing this to him," I burst. "I can't lead him on, I care about him, he's my friend. I can't keep leading him on....he deserves better than someone who can only show her face every now and then."

"Sorry," Rory murmured. "It's okay," I murmured. "Maybe my right kind of guy will be out there one day, Rory, I like Dave but he..."

"Wasn't your one true love?" Rory wondered. "I'll always have feelings for him but I didn't love him as I should," I explained.

***

"Horrible," Andrea tossed stuff out of her closet and some of her dresses hit me in face. "Terrible...well, I can't wear that!"

She threw another one. "There are no words."

"Are you looking for something in particular?" I wondered.

"Something sexy, show Tristan's what he's missing cause I caught him making out with that bitch," Andrea rolled her eyes. "Or you could move onto a nicer guy?" I suggested.

"Nope," Andrea threw a black dress on me. "Try that on."

"Really?" I asked her. "It's cute...on you," she said. "I don't know whether I should take that as an insult or a compliment," I sighed going into her en suite to try it on.