🎬15🎬

"Dad's hair is nice shorter," Rory pointed out. "Think he'll stay long?" I asked Mom.

"He comes and goes when he pleases, Hezzy, you know that," Mom kissed the top of my head. "Yeah, I know," I sighed. "He's never been here before, I'm going to let him meet Tessa."

"Just that he's here is a big deal," Rory made a valid point. "You checked the water pressure on that thing?" Dad pointed upstairs as he was coming down. "I'm fixing it."

"Leave my shower alone," Mom grumbled. "We ordered Chinese," I told him. "Good I'm starving," he smiled. "So no Diane?"

"Ancient history," Dad explained. "You're worse than Mom," I chuckled. "Evil," Mom flicked my ear. "Ow," I whined. "You have all your homework done?" Rory asked me as we walked up to my room. "Not finished Physics," I told her.

"So I'll take Dad to meet Dean then we'll meet up with you and Tessa," Rory made a plan and I nodded. "I'd go to softball but I'd end up making some twelve year old cry."

"You really are evil," Rory chuckled. "There's doubt that I'm not, maybe I should make the twelve year old cry," I laughed.

***

Tessa and I met up with Rory and Dad after Dean's softball game. "Dad, this is Tessa, Tessa, this is my dad," I did the introductions.

"Hi," Tessa grinned. "Nice to meet you," Dad smiled before the tour continued. "Wow, he's hot, that's where you get your good....OW! YOU BITCH!"

"Sorry must've slipped," I glared at her. "Miss Patty flirted with him too," Rory mouthed at me and I rolled my eyes. "Ew," I shuddered.

Everyone was excited the fact they would see where Rory and I got the other half of our DNA. "Right, so Rory, any book you want?"

"I'd really like the Compact Oxford English Dictionary," Rory told him. "It costs a fortune though."

"It's also heavy enough to kill our entire family in one go," I chuckled. "Heather, any movies?" Dad asked me. Before I had a chance to say anything Rory spoke up. "Anything with James Dean."

"He's an icon!" I exclaimed. "Noted," Dad laughed.

We walked to Luke's afterwards. Tessa left on the way to go home. "How was the tour?" Mom asked us. "We went to Al's, got stalked, met up with evil twin and according to Jackson, I'm Billy Crudup."

Dad's phone suddenly started ringing and Mom quickly pointed at Luke's no cell phone sign. He answered it and he frowned. "Hello? Emily?!"

"Grandma?" Rory and I mouthed at each other. Mom took the phone off him and talked to Grandma.

***

So, tonight we're meeting the other half of the family. Dad's parents. No one was looking forward to it. "I'm tempted to drive the car into a ditch," Mom sighed. "Bit dramatic," Rory pointed out.

Eventually we arrived and all of us wanted this night to be over. It was going to be a regular Friday Night Dinner right?

WRONG!

"Here they are!" Grandma led us into the living room. "Hello, Rory, Heather, Lorelai. Christopher! How are you, it's good to see you!" Grandpa greeted us.

"How are you, Richard?" Dad asked him. "Better than most, tell me about your business," Grandpa said to him. "Richard, let the boy breathe," Grandma scolded him. "It's going well," Dad reassured him.

"Rory and Heather are the spitting image," Grandma was nearly drooling. "I think Rory more," Grandpa told her.

"Heather has his musical talent," Grandma told him. "High five," Dad held his hand out and I high-fived him.