🎬6🎬

"Our lawyer, Joseph Stanford, is dropping by tomorrow," Grandma told us. "Oh, Crazy Sissy's dad?"

"LORELAI!"

"Mom, she talked to her stuffed animals," Mom told her. "Can we move on, please?" I sighed. "Alright, Heather, you grandfather and I thought it'd be nice that after dinner, you and Rory look around and pick out what you want us to leave you in our wills."

Oh, God.

"Anything is fine," Rory murmured wishing that the subject would change again. "No, no, have what you like, if you see something nice, stick a Post-it on it," Grandma insisted. "You've hit a new level of weird that even I marvel at," Mom shook her head.

The maid came in with dessert and Rory smiled once she saw what was there. Pudding!

"You don't like pudding," Mom pointed out. "No but you, Heather and Rory do," Grandma pointed out. "I've never had pudding out of a crystal bowl before," I piped up. "Stick a post it on it," Grandma advised me.

***

It's nearly October 8th, meaning that Rory and I would turn sixteen. Mom was trying to get us out of dinner for our birthday but that failed completely.

So Friday we'd have a birthday at Grandma's and Saturday have another party at home.

"Rory! It's nearly five, put the order in!" I shouted down the stairs. I sat down at my desk and did my homework, as much as I could fit in before the pizza arrived.

Two parties this year would be strange and I thought it would be okay. Oh, boy, was I wrong.

"Uh, Heather, you may want to sit down for this," Andrea grimaced. "What?" I looked a little scared as she handed me a piece of paper on Monday morning. "Aw crap!"

"You were born at eight minutes past four in the morning, good to know," Andrea laughed. "How did you get this?!" I freaked out. "Who else has them?"

"Uh....." she bit her lip. "The whole class?"

"Oh, no," I gulped. The two of us walked down the corridor and a voice made me stop in my tracks. "Ah, the other twin," Tristan dubbed me as. "Happy early birthday."

"Uh, thanks?" I murmured. "You got an invite too?" Andrea scoffed. "But I hardly know you and my sister doesn't like you," I stated cold hard facts. "Ouch," Tristan acted like I just shot him in the heart. "Bug her or Rory once, I'll make sure you can't procreate," Andrea hissed at him. "So cold," Tristan sighed and he walked away. "Are you guys together again?" I wondered. "I learn from my mistakes," Andrea sighed and we walked away.  "Anyway, you got rich kids coming to your party, expect good gifts and I'll be there."

***

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Mom and Rory leapt on top of me at exactly 4:08 AM. Every year. "I'm old," I pouted. "Sweet sixteen," Mom smiled hugging me and Rory. We were dreading the party at Grandma's tonight.

Tessa and Lane met up with us, so we could go to Luke's together. "It should be the law!" Tessa argued. "Thou should not go to school on your birthday!"

"Unfortunately, we have tests," Rory sighed. "Wrong table," Luke said to the four of us. "Since when is there a right table?" Rory frowned.

"Since the coffee cake I baked for you and the stupid balloons I blew up are at that table, over there," he pointed behind us.

"Oh, Luke! You old softie," I teased him. "I count to three, it's gone," he grumbled. "Move...move," Lane urged us. "THANK YOU!" Rory and I shouted from the table.