🎬17🎬

"What happened?" I asked Rory as she sat between us. "We broke up," she said to me.

"Yeah but what happened?" Tessa asked her. "We went to dinner, walked by the bonfire and went to a junkyard, sat in the car..." she sniffled. "He told me he loved me and broke up with me because I didn't say it back."

Tessa looked to see the rage building in my face. "Down girl."

"Where is he?!" I grumbled shooting up. "Where are you going?!" Tessa demanded as she and Rory ran after me. "To rip his head off his shoulders! Where do you think I'm going?!"

"Get her!"

Rory suddenly jumped on my back and Tessa pulled us both down onto the grass.

"Get off me!" I grumbled, trying not to eat the grass. "You're not going to kill Dean, not yet, you need to calm down," Tessa told me. "Rory hold her arms!"

"What?!"

Tessa lay down on my back. "Get off!"

"I'm not getting up until you relax, I will cuff you to my porch if I have to!" Tessa insisted. "You have handcuffs? Kinky," I joked.

"Evil!" Tessa grumbled. "Why can't we murder him?!" I whined. "I don't think Rory wants us to," Tessa told me.

"Not really, I'm gonna tell Mom what happened," Rory knelt down on the grass where I was being pinned down. "But I don't want to tell her why, can we keep that between us? Clause five."

"Okay," I nodded, agreeing.

"Once you're sure she's not going to commit homicide, then get off her," Rory instructed Tessa before running off.

"Let me kill him," I growled. "Give it a day or two," Tessa muttered. "But seriously, this was Rory's first relationship, they were dating for three months, no one gets to decide when the other gets to say I love you."

"Okay," Tessa got off me. "Let's kill him, but not now."

"Fine," I agreed.

***

"Come on! Heather get up! Up! Up! Up!" Rory kept bouncing on my mattress and I groaned. "I'm up! I'm up!"

I sat up and looked at my clock. "It's six in the morning. On a god damn Saturday!"

I groaned and held my pillow over my face. I wailed when Rory whipped the covers off me.

"WHY?!"

"See you downstairs!"

"RORY!" I shouted as I came downstairs. "You do not wake me up at six on a...OW!"

I held my foot and began hopping up and down. "Damn it!"

I suddenly found the sofa moved around...actually the whole living room was rearranged. Mom was standing in the room, looking as confused as I was. "How do we watch TV now?" I pointed at the couch.

"I think we just play along, Heather," Mom sighed. "Do you know what happened?"

"Can't say, Rory invoked Twin Clause number five," I told her. "I need coffee."

"Sorted," Rory handed me my Snoopy mug, filled with coffee. "Thanks, Rory I think you need to wallow for at least a day."

"No," she muttered, writing a list. "First break up hits hard," Mom pointed out.

"I don't want to wallow," Rory told Mom. "One day of pizza, pyjamas, I'll rent some movies," I offered.

"I don't want to be the girl who falls apart because she doesn't have a boyfriend," Rory sighed. "It's for one day...."