🎬25🎬

"We forgot to bring tunes!" Mom complained as we were driving. "I love how that's the biggest concern, meanwhile, we're in the middle of NOWHERE," I put a lot of emphasis on that last word.

"Hey, I need Highway to Hell, missy," Mom pointed out. "There's nothing good on the radio."

"Stop complaining about the music!" Rory scolded her. "Stop complaining about our whereabouts!" Mom retorted.

"Mom!" I whined. "Okay, okay, I'll stop," Mom muttered. Then she turned on the radio.

"Seriously?" I gave my mother that look. "The whole point of this trip is spontaneity!" Mom exclaimed. "We are being directed by fate."

"We're going to drive into the Atlantic," I said pessimistically. "Unless it's the Pacific!" Mom pointed out.

Rory turned around and the two of us were in shock. "Buckle up," I sighed.

***

We stopped off at Haden's Nut House for a quick bite to eat. We bought enough nuts to become squirrels. "If we're ever on a bus, I'm getting the bus driver to stop at every single Haden's Nut House!"

Mom called Sookie to tell her that she wasn't coming into work. I decided to call Tessa too.

"Hezzy, your house is literally empty, where did you all go?"

"We're on a road trip, me, Mom and Rory," I explained.

"Oh where to?"

"That's the funny thing, we don't know," I sighed.

"Well spontaneity is key, what about the wedding, isn't it in a few days?"

"Not anymore," I explained. "Just spread the word so Mom won't have to deal with it when we get home."

"Okay, on it, what happened? Is Lorelai okay?" 

"Well, she just wasn't ready Tess, we don't hate Max, it's just my mom wasn't ready," I told her.

"Okay, don't drive into the ocean!"

"I'll try my best," I sighed before hanging up. "I know where we are now," Rory told me. "We're outside of Portsmouth in New Hampshire, apparently Mom knows a 'cool' friend who owns a B&B, Donald!"

"Donald what? Duck? Trump? Ronald McDonald?" I joked. "Evil," Mom grumbled. "It is cool, I promise!"

We stumbled into the 'cool' B&B holding all of our bags. "Hiya, would you like to ring bell?" the very happy receptionist asked Mom.

"I'm sorry what?" Mom frowned, making sure she heard that right. "All our guests love to ring the bell but you and your daughters didn't get to ring the bell."

Mom rang the bell, mainly just to shut her up. "Well done," she smiled, talking to Mom as if she was four years old.

"Do you have a room available?" Mom asked her. "Why yes I do," she beamed. "You're in room three, welcome to The Chesire Cat! I'm LaDawn! Let me grab your bags! Do you two want to ring the bell?"

"Raincheck?" I shrugged.

LaDawn led us to our room which was covered in flowers. "I'll leave y'all to get settled in!"

I pulled a sickly face which Rory noticed. "Too much pink?"

"Mhm," I nodded. "Let's go get something to eat before the pink makes your sister faint," Mom suggested, hauling me up from the bed and out of the room.

Mom stopped us before we made it all the way downstairs. "Back, back," she hissed. I peeked over her shoulder to see loads of people gathered downstairs.