🎬20🎬

"Sleep well?" Mom asked me as I joined her and Rory in Luke's. "Fine, dreamt of Ewan McGregor, the usual," I smiled as I sat down with them. "Shall we play?" Mom asked us. "One, two, three?" Rory grinned and I groaned. "Not this again..."

"So, don't play," Rory said which earned her a kick. "Fine, I'll heckle then," I sneered while looking out the window. "One."

Mom looked out and shook her head at an elderly man outside. "Pass."

"Why?" I frowned. "Because I'm not Anna Nicole Smith, next," she muttered.

"Two," Rory nodded at a boy on a skateboard. "Pass," Mom refused her next option. "Why?" I questioned her. "Because I'm not Mary Kay LeTourneau," she answered me.

"Can't argue with that iron clad logic," I snorted. "What are you doing?" Luke asked us. "I'm looking for my new husband," Mom explained to him. "She passed up two perfectly good options," Rory shrugged. "Since Luke came to the table, does that make him number three?" I chuckled.

"No," he told me. "You don't even know what we're doing," I said. "It's the safest answer if you're the mastermind to anything."

"We're playing 'one, two, three, he's yours', Heather actually hates playing but loves making fun of us," Mom told him. "I didn't ask but I'm glad one child is sensible."

"Hey!" Rory whined.

"So, basically first guy who walks by, you can't take him or pass him up for a second option, second guy, you can take him or pass him up but then you're stuck with the third guy."

"I'm not playing," Luke grumbled. "It's still my turn," Mom shot back. "Number three," Rory laughed and pointed outside.

Kirk happened to be walking towards the diner and I started laughing. "Daddy!"

"Oh, no," Mom whined

"I want a pony!" I cried in a baby voice. Kirk walked in and Luke walked over him, giving him a pat on the back. "Congratulations man."

Poor Kirk.

"What?" he looked over at us while we were giggling. "Nothing," Mom lied. "Did someone put a kick me sign on my back?" he asked us and we burst out laughing. "No," I started wheezing, hiding my face with my arm. "It wasn't funny last week and it's not funny now!"

He stormed out, causing us to laugh harder. "Okay, one," Rory was about to begin her go until Dean walked by. "Ready to order?" I managed to break up the awkward moment.

***

"Here's your junk," I walked out with a shopping bag, Lane and Tessa lurked behind me. "Let me guess, Rory's avoiding He Who Must Not Be Named?"

"Yep," I nodded. "I am not," Rory insisted. "You send us in, in intervals," Tessa argued. "We started taking notes, just like you."

"I don't take notes," Rory muttered. "He doesn't work on Wednesdays," Lane told her and Rory took out a small notepad. "You're gonna have to go inside eventually," I told her. "I get it, he's a dickhead but you can't avoid him forever."

Rory didn't listen to me. "I'm going to go work on our science project," Lane said to Tessa. "You coming?"

"I'll be there soon, I just want to tell Heather something," Tessa scratched the back of her head, giving Rory a hint that she wanted to talk to me, alone.

"I'm going to go and do homework, see you at home," Rory went off in one direction while Lane headed back home. "So what's happening that you don't Rory to know?"

"Lane and I are in a group of three for a science project, number three is Dean."

"Oh ew," I shuddered. "Yeah, so try to keep Rory away from Lane's house if you can," Tessa warned me. "We don't want more drama."