🎬2🎬

Rory and I were passing a can of whipped cream around while watching Dirty Dancing. "I heard that Chuck Presby tried to do this with his girlfriend," I told Rory, referencing the big move.

"Did he catch her?" Rory wondered. "At first, then he dropped her and she broke three things," I told Rory. "One, her left arm, two, her right arm and three, up with him."

"Tomorrow's the big day," Rory sighed. "Prep school, lovely," I sighed.

"It won't be that bad," Rory reassured me. "I think it's just your thought process."

"Well, can you blame me for having said thought process?" I asked my sister. "Movies seriously corrupt you," Rory shook her head at me.

"Well, sometimes they can be right, Rory," I pointed out. "Honestly, you need to read some books," Rory laughed at me.

***

"MOM!" I smacked her with the pillow. "It's ten past seven!"

"Ugh, no it isn't, it's a quarter to six!" she whined. "Come on, do you really think Hezzy would be up, dressed, hair tied in messy bun, at a quarter to six?" Rory questioned her.

"OH CRAP!" Mom shot out of the bed and Rory sighed. "We can't be late! We'll be labelled as the late girls!"

"It'd be stupid if we're both called that, I'll tell you what, I'll go in first so I won't be," I smirked. "EVIL!" Rory grumbled.

"No, no, no! I had a plan," Mom whined. "I was going to get coffee and...NO!"

"What?" I frowned. "I have no clean clothes, they're all at the dry cleaners!" Mom exclaimed. "Heather, start the car, be a dear."

I went downstairs and grabbed Mom's car keys and started up the jeep. I was learning how to drive, both Rory and I were, but I was better.

"LET'S GO! LET'S GO!" Mom shouted and she came out in a t-shirt and shorts. "Shotgun!" I shouted.

"You are so cruel," Rory grumbled sitting in the back seat.

***

"I'm confused, is this our school or the Vanderbilt house?" I stared wide eyed at the building. "I'm nervous, drive me back to Stars Hollow," Rory mumbled. "Nope, if I'm doing this, so are you," I grumbled.

"Okay, so both of you call me if you need anything," Mom smiled at us, before starting the car. "You didn't tell her," I chuckled. "Tell me what?" Mom looked skeptically at the both of us.

"Rory left out the fact that we'd be dragging you in there, against your will," I stated. "You're kidding me right? I can't even meet a janitor in there looking like this!" Mom started to freak out.

"You're going," Rory told her the hard facts and Mom groaned rather loudly and grabbed a long coat. Walking through Chilton was like a maze, it was so big. Too fancy for my liking but hey, if it got me into an Ivy League, big advantage.

"Excuse me?" Mom got the secretary's attention and in my opinion, she was pretty creepy, I felt like I was in a remake of IT or Halloween. "I'm Lorelai Gilmore, these are my daughters, Heather and Lorelai Gilmore, I named one after me and one I got from a magazine about Heather Locklear..."

"I was really named after her? I thought you were joking!" I gaped. "I am, relax. Is the Headmaster in?" Mom asked the secretary.

She simply got up and went off but was only twelve seconds and yes...I counted. "Headmaster Charleston will see you now."

We went inside to his office to see Grandma there. "Mom?!" Mom was in shock. "What are you doing here?"

"Wishing my granddaughters luck, I'm making sure Hanlin takes care of Rory and Heather," she told her. "I'm friends with his wife and Hanlin and Richard play golf together."