🎬43🎬

Andrea, Rory and Tessa would not stop at me. They kept teasing me all the time.

Did I kiss Jess? No.

Will they ever stop with the teasing? No, of course they won't.

So all I could do was start to make my preparations for California.

Rory and Mom were sorting my room. They made a bring pile and keep at home pile.

But now, we were helping Sookie choose the processional music for her and Jackson's wedding but her first choice sounded a little depressing.

And Mom, Rory and Michel thought the same thing. "Sookie, you can't walk down the aisle to that," Mom simply stated.

"Why not?" Sookie pouted. "It's Ella!"

"It's depressing," Mom told her. "Let's look through the other options."

"I have an idea," Michel piped up. "What is it?" Mom asked him. "I leave," he suggested. "I'm in the wedding so you have to run it," Mom broke the bad news to him.

"Lane and I will come up with some more," Rory suggested. "Okay," Sookie caved. "I have two empty seats because Carl can't come, anyone else you guys want to invite?"

"I've got Lane and Dean," Rory told her. "I have Tessa," I added.

"Then Emily and Richard," she suggested. "Sookie, you are way too sweet," Mom rolled her eyes.

"But she helped me, please ask her, please?"

"Fine," Mom gave in.

***

My cast was coming off soon so that was a good sign. I can't wait to use my arm again.

"You know what I just realised?" Mom asked us. "Oy, is the funniest word ever."

"I say that all the time," I told her. "No oy is different to oi," Mom told me. "Oi is the scolding thing or shut up thing, that's what you do."

"Then what's oy?" I frowned. "It's just something you smile at," Mom said. "Poodles is a funny word too."

Grandma handed me my coke. "Lorelai, please drink your drink."

"They go well in the same sentence," Mom chuckled. "You'd have a fantastic new catchphrase, like 'Oy, with the poodles already!'"

Me and Rory started laughing. "Dinner's ready Mrs Gilmore," the maid told her.

"Thank you, please inform Mr Gilmore, he's in his den," Grandma instructed her.

We got up and walked to the table. "How was Columbia yesterday?" Grandma asked me. "It was good," I told her. "We know where everything else is."

"Did you have a tour guide?" Grandma asked me. "Yeah," I mumbled.

It was Jess but I wasn't gonna tell them that.

"Anyway," Mom saved me from interrogation. "Sookie invited you and Dad to her wedding."

"When is it?"

"A week from Sunday."

"So a pity invite."

"It's not a pity invite," Mom muttered. "No that's quite alright," Grandma grumbled. "Far be it from me to be included in the first batch of wanted guests."

"It's not a pity invite," Mom repeated. "She wants you to come."

"I don't see any invitations."

"Mom, for God's sake!"