Chapter 22- Damion (Edited)

I shook my head in wonderment after I heard that Bethany Ann had four jobs and was able to keep her grades up as well. I knew that I couldn't do that, if I was in her position. Sure, I was the Alpha, but I had the support of a pack who was willing to help out if I needed something, like taking notes while I was at a meeting.

I groaned softly, remembering that I was supposed to be going to a meeting next week, and I knew that I couldn't make it without seeing Bethany Ann and trying to win her over.

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed before I started to follow her to our next class, glad that the teacher was a Wolf. I knew that we would be early, but I also that she, the teacher, wouldn't mind, liking earlieness instead of lateness.

I shook my head and cleared my thoughts before I entered the room after Bethany Ann and saw that she was at the board, talking to teacher. I paused when I saw that there was a soft smile on her face, not having seen her smile like that before.

Sure, I had seen her smile just once, but it was probably just a flicker of the lips. This smile was genuine and not something that I would have suspected to come out so easily.

'She's beautiful when she smiles,' Bane said a purr in his voice. 'Make her smile more.'

I grunted softly, agreeing with him. She did need to smile more, but I knew that she kept her feelings guarded, probably because of something to do with her past, which I was still curious to know about.

Bethany Ann turned to look at the door and saw me. Her smile was replaced with a small frown before she turned and walked to a seat in the back of the room. She sat down before she pulled a book out of her bag and started to read whatever it was.

The teacher, Mary Jane Love, glanced at me and bowed her head, slightly,. She turned to look at Bethany Ann, curiosity filling her brown eyes. She had caught the look that I wanted to be alone with the younger female. "Miss Evergreen?" she asked.

Bethany Ann looked up and raised an eyebrow. "Yes, Mrs. Love?" she asked.

"Do you think you can write the problems out on the board? I fear that I had forgotten a meeting that I was supposed to go to."

Bethany Ann glanced at me, and she had a look as if to say that she knew that I had something to do with her leaving. She turned to look at Mrs. Love and cocked her head. "If it is important," she replied. "If people can't read my handwriting, then it is their fault. I'm sure that Mr. Greene will have to leave as well, because of the "hormonal" tendencies of two teenagers when they are alone together."

Damn, I thought, holding my breath waiting to see what Mrs. Love would do. My heart race increased slightly, and I could feel my my body start to sweat slightly.

"Ithinkyoutwowillbefine," Mrs. Love said in a rush before rushing out of the room, almost knocking me back against the door, if I hadn't moved out of the way.

Bethany Ann just chuckled before she got up and started to the board, while I moved to one of the desks and sat down, taking a deep breath of air.

After that, we both started to do something, me basically trying to figure out what she had written in her journal while she did what she was told to do.

***

The scribbling on the board stopped, making me look up. I stared into green/silver eyes that had a sense of pain in them. My whole body was tense, because I didn't know what had caused the poor beauty so much pain.

"I know that he gave it to you," she finally spoke, her voice cracking at the end. "And if it was up to me, then I wouldn't let you read it."

I frowned, wondering what she meant before glancing at the journal that was in my hand. I looked up at her and cocked my head, knowing that she was talking about her journal. "How?"

"I just kind of figured it out," she replied. She nodded to the board behind her where a group of letters and numbers were placed together. She pointed to the first two columns, which started with the capital A and the one beside that was a lowercase z. "These two are for the odds," she said. "The Capital letters represents the lowercase letters. She pointed to the next two columns which had numbers as well as letters that started with A. "The numbers represent the letters." She turned to look at me. "I must warn you that my past is a hard one. I am sure that you will get very angry. Just know that what I had done was not my fault."

I nodded my head silently before I copied the key into the book. I knew that I wasn't going to let anyone see it, and I was actually afraid of what I would find about her.

The bell rang for class to start after she had finished wiping down the board, not leaving the key up.

She didn't say a word to the students while she made her way to her seat, her whole body tense as well as showing pride.

What a strong female indeed.