Chapter 27- Bethany Ann (Edited)

"I am fine," I groaned out, getting rather annoyed with Damion's behavior. However, I had to admit that I sort of loved the fact that he cared about me. He didn't need to know about though, though. "It's just a scratch."

"Just a scratch?" Damion nearly growled out, causing the doctor to flinch back and away from me. "You're getting stitches."

I shrugged. "Not the worst thing that has happened to me," I said, causing him to growl again. I rolled my eyes. "Would you stop?! You are freaking out the pack doctor."

"He'll get over it," Damion muttered under his breath. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry," he apologized. "I am just on edge that I wasn't there when you needed me the most."

I shrugged again, scrunching up my face. "He needed his butt kicked for what he had done," I said. I moved a hand through my hair, wincing as I moved the side with the stitches. "I know, I know, no moving the side," I placed my hand back down. "Though I'm right handed," I grumbled.

"Then I'll be your right hand," Damion blurted out, causing me to raise an eyebrow. He sighed and moved a hand through his hair. "I don't want you to live by yourself anymore."

"Can we discuss this later?" I asked, eyeing the doctor. I still didn't trust people easily, though I knew that I could trust his pack.

"With all due respect, Luna," the doctor said, bowing his head in submission. "I think that Alpha Damion will need you close by, if anything like this happens again." He paused. "There is a house that is closer to the border, and nobody lives there." He glanced at Damion, who looked rather conflicted.

"Your parents house?" I asked, causing him to nod and grimace.

"I haven't been there since..."

I nodded, grimacing as well. "Understood," I replied. I shook my head, smiling a bit. "I haven't been back to that house in ages."

"Well, you have a reason," Damion said. "It could be hours away."

I shook my head. "Thirty minutes the other way. Tops," I replied. "And, you have a reason as well. It holds... memories of better times." I shook my head, getting a distant look on my face while I remembered my brother's face and how he loved playing with me and always talking about how he wanted a dog. "I won't intrude in your past, Damion. That is not what I am about." I got down off the bench, hiding a wince.

"You know, you should consider being a counselor," the doctor said, smiling at me. "I think you would do good."

I shook my head. "I don't have the patience for that." With that, I left the hospital room, followed by Damion. I took a deep breath when Damion twirled me around and kissed close to my lips.

I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed that he didn't kiss me, but I wasn't going to complain. We didn't have a date yet, nor did I ever learn much about him just yet.

"You can have the house," Damion whispered. "Thank you for understanding."

My heart pounded in my chest, and I was sure that I couldn't breathe. I nodded my head and glanced at his lips before looking into his eyes, spying that they were a darker color.

Damion cleared his throat. "I'll have Michael show you where the house is." He moved a hand through his hair. "Quit two jobs. I can provide for you." With that, he backed off and walked away, leaving me stunned.

"Holy hell," I muttered, taking a deep breath of air. I let it out and started to walk towards the front of this big house.

***

"Is this going to be a serious relationship?" one of my bosses asked. "I mean, both of you are young. What if your feelings change for each other?"

"I don't think it will, May," I said, talking in the phone that my bosses had given me. "I'm just glad he is letting me work two jobs. I mean, it's going to be hard to trying to get there 'cause I'm on the other side of town."

"Now, did he give you the whole house, or are you sharing a room with someone?" José asked, his brother humming in agreement.

"Whole house to myself," I said, sitting on the couch that was provided. "Though it's too big for my needs." I scrunched up my nose. "I mean, it's a small mansion, not as big his house, bu it's pretty big."

There was a knock on the door before it opened, revealing a nervous looking Damion. He looked at me, and his eyes lightened up, probably glad that I was actually there.

May whistled. "So, I'm guessing he has fancy cars then?"

I shrugged. "It's basically like a whole gated community." I rolled my eyes, knowing for a fact that he had one like this as well. "Don't worry. I still remember where my roots were planted."

"At least it's not in The Hood," Mr. Lumpkin said, causing Mr. Cather to hum in agreement. "So I assume that you are going to be spending the rest of your school year at Peaks High?"

I hummed an answer, watching as Damion walked in. I narrowed my eyes when he picked me up and sat me in his lap but made no move to move off of his lap.

"That wasn't an answer, Miss Evergreen," he said, amused.

"Hush, Josh," May scowled. "We all know that she will be staying because she has "feelings" for that boy." She clicked her tongue. "You both are too young. I hope you will not have sex with him."

"May!" I exclaimed, my face turning slightly red. I could feel Damion moving behind me and smacked him on the chest, because he was laughing at me.

"Hey, you are the one to talk, May," José said. "You were a party animal when you were younger. I'm sure everyone hadn't had their first sex until after marriage." He paused. "Except for Master Yushi, and Bethany Ann's case was..."

I rolled my eyes. "Ya, can we not talk about that?" I asked. "I don't want to think of anyone having sex." I shuddered, causing Damion to bite his lip to keep a groan from coming out. "The youngest is Tony, and I know what he does."

"It was one time!" Tony said. "And I thought you promised you wouldn't say anything."

"He all ready knows, Ton," I replied, rolling my eyes. "But, I think I've decided that I'll still work at the Karate place and the garage. May, I can work holidays with you and until you find a replacement. Same goes for you, Mr. Cather."

"Oh, we all ready have replacements, Dearie," May said, dismissively. "We've been trying to figure out a way to get you out of working four jobs but still have enough money to pay for rent, which I'm sure you don't have to pay tomorrow." There was a smirk in her voice, causing me to grimace.

"Gee, I can feel the love," I said, sarcastically, smacking Damion's chest when he chuckled. "But, I guess that everything is settled for? No more trying to buy things that Bethany Ann needs but won't get?"

"No promises," they chorused before hanging up the phone.

I narrowed my eyes. "They're planning something, and I don't know what," I muttered, causing Damion to laugh.

"Don't worry, I have you covered," he whispered in my ear, causing me to shiver. "Now, how about food?"