Chapter 3- Bethany Ann (Edited)

I pulled into work, glad that I usually changed in school before I went to work, because I didn't have that much room in my small Chevy truck. It was bad enough that it was breaking down every so often, so I had to use some of my free hours, working with it.

I tried to use the door to find out that it was stuck, again. "Stupid door," I muttered, hitting my shoulder against it, while holding onto the handle. Nothing. I tried it again and got the same results.

I huffed, annoyed, before I started to unroll the window. "I guess I'm going through the window, again." I groaned, knowing that I might need to buy a new truck soon. However, I didn't want to buy a new truck, and I didn't have the money to do one.

I started to climb out of the truck, muttering every swear word I knew. I grabbed the roof of the car and started to pull myself up.

"Need help?" someone asked, a smile seeming to be in their voice.

The voice made me shiver, as if I liked the sound of the voice or something like that. My heart started to pound and Laurie started to pace around my mind, panting a little. 'Would you please stop pacing and let me think?' I asked.

'Mate,' she said. However, just like me, she was cautious. Her whole body was tense, and I knew that her ears would be down.

"No," I replied, ignoring Laurie, while I got out of my truck. I knew I sounded annoyed, but that was because of this stupid piece of thing. I didn't turn around to look at him, but I could feel him looking at me. I kicked my truck's tire, narrowing my eyes in hatred. "Stupid truck," I muttered.

"Mate," he whispered, probably thinking that I wouldn't hear him. He cleared his throat. "Uh... are you sure that you don't need help?"

I finally turned around to see that there were three people standing there behind me.

The first male, that stood in front of the other two, had short black hair that stuck up in the front. He had forest green eyes, that looked like those in my dream. He had a chiseled jaw and a short button nose. He stood at 6'3 and was muscular, like me even though I was 5'8. His lips were full and looked good enough to kiss. His skin was tan, as if the sun had kissed it.

The second male stood the same height as the first, but he wasn't as muscular as him. He had brown hair that fell into his brown eyes, covering them up. His nose was longer than the others and had a longer face. He was clean shaven, unlike the male in front of him.

The female that stood on the other side of the first male had wavy black hair, that reached her shoulders. Her features were soft and fair, making me jealous. She had gray eyes that danced with laughter. A small smile was on her face, while she looked me up and down. She stood around 5'5 and was really skinny. Her skin had a healthy glow to it, something that I hadn't experienced in forever.

"No, I'm fine. Door's jammed, but a hammer should fix that." I nodded my head towards my truck. "I can do that later." I cleared my throat, feeling the jealousy of Laurie, because of the female beside him. "Um... I have to get to work."

I turned towards my truck and reached inside, pulling my duffel out of it. I slung it onto my shoulder and started to walk towards the restaurant. My whole body tensed, while I walked past him, because I didn't want him to grab me or anything like that.

"Wait," he called after me, making me stop and look back at him. He took a sharp breath, and I knew that he saw my scar. His eyes started to turn a darker green, and I was sure that his Wolf was trying to surface.

I absentmindedly moved my shirt so that it was covered. I hated people staring at my scar, because they had the same reaction. They thought it was my fault that I had gotten the scar.

The other two saw the scar and a look of distaste appeared on their face. However, was it because they knew that someone did it to me? Or, was it because they thought I was some sleazy person that lived down in The Hood? Well, I did live down in The Hood.

The first male looked into my eyes, his brows creased in concern. "Aren't you worried about your truck?" he asked. He nodded to where the window was still open.

I glanced at the truck, a small scowl on my face. "No," I said. "It can be taken if need be." With that I turned around and walked into Ruby Tuesdays, not giving them a second glance.

"I'm sorry, Luna," the male said, softly.

I could've only heard it because of my Wolf hearing, but I was a Luna? I knew that they were the mates of Alphas. So, I guess that meant the person in front was the Alpha of a pack.

I walked into the restaurant, still feeling rather restless about something. I didn't know what was going to happen, but I knew that the male, my "mate" would change my life forever.

***

"Yes, I know I said that I would be there, but I'm still at work," I heard a female said. There was silence as someone talked to her. "No, I don't know if I- Hang on someone just poked me." The female looked at me, her blue eyes, tired. "Oh, it's you Bethany Ann, can you hold a minute?"

I shook my head. "Do you need to be anywhere, Taylor? I can cover the rest of your shift. Mine doesn't start in like 30 minutes. You'll get paid full, and I'll make sure of that. 'Sides, Roger does owe me."

Taylor looked at me. Hope filled her blue eyes, but I knew that she was hesitant. A small strand of black hair fell in her face, and she pushed it out of the way, giving me a hard gaze. "Don't you have school work that you need to finish?" she asked, finally. She raised an eyebrow.

I shrugged my shoulder, acting indifferent. "That's what all nighters are for and then coffee in the morning," I replied. I nodded towards the door, gesturing for her to leave. "Get going before I change my mind." Which wouldn't happen and she knew that.

"Thanks, Beth, I owe you," Taylor said, smiling at me grateful. She went back on the phone and moved away. "I'm on my way. *Beat* Yes, I have someone to cover my tables. *Beat.* All right, I love you too. Bye." With that, she hung up her phone before going to call out.

I shook my head and smiled, even though it looked like a grimace. "You don't owe me," I said, softly. I touched the scar on my neck, knowing that it traveled all the way to the very end of my back. "I don't take handouts."

With that, I got washed up and ready to work, wondering if that boy was really my mate, and if he was, then why did he have to find me now?