Extra #4- Don't Try to Scare Me- Bethany Anne's POV

(Before the Fight)

I was nervous, more nervous than I knew I should be. He hasn't done anything yet, and I knew for a fact that he knew that I was the one that took Carrie and her son away from him.

"Are you alright?" my mate asked, probably catching the flurry of emotions going across my face. Worry filled his eyes while he studied me, trying to read me.

I nodded my head, not saying a word and not trusting my voice not to break. I knew that he had his guard up all ready, just because I had let him keep two of his Warriors living at the apartment complex. I didn't even know if he knew that I knew they were Warriors, but I didn't really care.

Rick had been silent, like Carrie said he might be, but I knew that it was just the calm before the storm. He would attack when he felt that it was time, and I was going to make sure that I was ready.

Someone was coming up fast towards us for my liking. They didn't even try to slow down their pace when they were close to my silent mate and I.

"Beth-" the person said, trying to grab me. The person groaned out a laugh when his back hit the concrete. "Damn, that hurt."

I scowled at the fallen male before me, seeing that it was Mike. Guilt gnawed a bit at my heart, because I didn't know that it was him and threw him on the ground. "Don't do that," I said, scoffing and rolling my eyes.

Mike laughed again and sat up. He gave us a cheeky smile, and I knew that he was fine. "A 'hello, Mike', would've been better than a flip, don't you think so, Damion?" he asked, looking at my amused mate.

"No, that flip sufficed more," Damion said, teasingly.

I scoffed and folded my arms across my chest. "Whatever," I muttered, trying to act indifferent. "Just don't do that again."