Chapter 26- Damion (Edited)

It has been two weeks since I had found out when Bethany Ann had told Mike to show me the part where I had gotten pissed to him and Chloe. I was more than surprised to see that they were both pissed as well when they had heard.

Thankfully, we were at the pack house, so they both just stormed outside before shifting. I was proud of my Beta and Beta Female, glad that they would try their hardest to make sure that Bethany Ann would be protected.

That was why I had two Warriors live in the apartment complex Bethany Ann was living at. Somehow, I knew that Bethany Ann knew they were two of my Warriors, even though I had them try to follow the trend of The Hood.

I was surprised when she let them stay, so my guard was basically up for the whole time. Not to mention that she was always on edge for some reason. I shook my head and smiled when I remembered how she flipped Mike over her shoulder when he was about to tell her that he had her back.

"What are you smiling for?" Mike asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Just when you were flipped by a girl," I replied, causing Chloe to snicker.

Mike scoffed and rubbed his arm. "I wasn't expecting that," he muttered. "So food and see Bethany Ann at her work?" he asked.

I shook my head no. "I heard her telling Becca that she was being forced to take a day off."

"That's good. That girl works too much. When will you take her to the pack house?" Chloe asked. "I know that the distance is hurting you."

I grimaced, not knowing when. "I want her to-"

'Alpha,' a voice called through the pack link. Panic filled the voice, making me tense.

'What is it, Steven?' I asked the Warrior that I had sent to protect Bethany Ann. I stopped and ignored the curious glances of Mike and Chloe. I guess something in my face showed worry because both of them grabbed my arms and started to pull me towards my truck.

'It's Bethany Ann,' he replied. 'Some dude went into her apartment, and we tried to get her to look at us, but she wouldn't. I don't know what is happening, but we are close by. I have all ready told Anthony and told him to be on stand by.'

'Keep me posted, we are on our way,' I said. "She's in trouble. Someone went into her apartment building, and she is there."

"She wasn't stopped?" Chloe asked, taking the keys that I had handed to her. Out of all of us, Chloe was the fastest driver and could get us there on time and safely, sometimes.

I shook my head and got into the truck followed by Chloe and Mike. "Steven tried to stop her, but she ignored him. I don't know if she saw him or not."

Chloe nodded her head and started the truck. "On that note, hang on because this will be a bumpy ride." With that, she backed up the car and zoomed out of the parking lot, causing multiple cars to honk at her.

Maybe letting her drive was a bad idea...

***

"Call 911," I said, jumping out of the truck. My feet wobbled a bit, but I was still standing. I took a deep breath before starting the trek towards her house. My heart thundered in my chest, and I was sure that whomever was around me could hear it, but I didn't care. My mate was in danger.

I was afraid, afraid that after this, Bethany Ann will hate me. I had promised her that I was going to protect her, but I wasn't at this moment. I wasn't there when she needed me the most.

There was a crashing sound that had me running towards the door, where members of my pack was waiting for me. "Half of you go around back," I ordered, quietly, making sure that no one could hear me on the inside. "Make sure that whomever is in there will not escape that way."

"Why are we saving this girl, and why have you been asking us to stay around her?" a Warrior asked.

Steven smacked him in the back of the head. "Idiot," he grumbled. "She's our Luna. Why else would he send members of the pack to rescue her? Now, let's go."

With that, he and a half of my members went around the building. While that was happening, I concentrated on my hearing, hoping that I could hear a sound.

"Come on," I heard my mate taunting someone. "Why don't you open the door and leave? I'm not going to tell you where Carrie or your son is. You are wasting your time."

There was a drunk laughter, causing me to growl softly. I heard a bit of movement and stiffened, not knowing what was happening. "Says the female with no weapon. You are going to pay."

"No, you will be paying. Just open the fucking door and leave."

'I think she is wanting us to open the door,' Mike said, causing me to nod.

I opened the door just as there was a loud bang. My heart stopped in my chest when I heard a hiss of pain and opened it all the way.

Standing in all her glory, stood my mate. She had a gun in her hand and was pointing it at a fallen male. She was breathing heavy, and my heart dropped when I saw that there was blood coming off her nose and her side.

She looked up to see that we were there, her eyes having more silver in them. Power radiated off of her, and I knew that it was her Wolf. "Took you long enough," she said, power filling her voice.