Chapter 28- Damion (Edited)

I sat down at my desk, feeling relaxed for what had seemed like a lifetime. My mate was, finally, on my pack's border, even though she was not living in the pack house. I didn't mind that, because I was still able to protect her, even with her on the border.

I smiled and started to some paperwork that was far overdue. I moved a hand through my hair while I went through the paperwork to see what I had to do for the pack, my Wolf feeling at ease.

There was a knock on my door, causing me to stiffen and my Wolf to growl out. "Damion?" a soft voice asked while the person opened the door to show a different looking Cassandra. Her blonde hair was now brown, and she didn't have a single trace of makeup on her face.

Instead of her usual, slutty outfit, Cassandra was in a pair of sweatpants and sweatshirt, something that she wouldn't have been caught in before she met Bethany Ann. Her hair was pulled back into a bun, and there were dark circles underneath her eyes.

I had found out that she had found her mate but had gotten rejected. I was, slightly, pissed, but I knew that Cassandra needed to change her act. I think Cassandra had changed her act because Bethany Ann had shot her down and showed her who the biggest bitch was as well as protecting her even though Sandra hadn't been nice to her.

"Damion!" Cassandra exclaimed, causing me to break out of my thoughts.

I jolted up and looked at her. I moved a hand through my hair and sighed, raising an eyebrow. "What?" I asked.

Cassandra raised an eyebrow, a small smirk appearing on her lips before it disappeared. "I need to talk to Bethany Ann. Please," she begged. She looked down. "I'm sorry for the way that I had treated her. I-I just need help."

I nodded my head. "I will be there, Cassandra," I warned. "Do not try anything while I am there. If you want to talk to her privately, she will have to say those words."

Cassandra nodded her head, grinning. "Yes, Brother." She jumped up and down, excited while I watched amused. "Come on, what are you waiting for! Let's go."

I shook my head, laughing a little and got up. I got up from my desk and walked to the door, watching as my sister bounded out the door and run towards the front door.

I could do the paperwork later. Mate and family came first.

***

I nudged Cassandra forward, feeling her hesitate while Bethany Ann got out her new truck, that her bosses had given her. She was still in her overalls, and her face was covered in grease.

She sensed us and turned to look at us, raising an eyebrow. Her eyes flickered to Cassandra then to me. "Do ya'll want to come in?"

I nodded my head. "Yes," I replied. "Cassandra wants to talk to you about..." I glanced at my sister, not really sure what she wants to talk to her about.

Bethany Ann's frowned but nodded her head. "Come on in," she said, moving to the house. "I didn't renovate anything." She glanced back at Cassandra before opening the door. She walked in and tossed her truck keys into a bowl that I knew she had by the door.

I grabbed hold of Cassandra's hand and squeezed it, feeling her being nervous. I earned a small grin from her, but she didn't say a word while we followed Bethany Ann into the living room.

"Do ya'll want something to eat or drink?" she asked, looking between us. Her eyes stayed on me for a while before looking at her.

Sandra shook her head no. She let go of my hand and ran up to Bethany Ann giving her a hug. "I'm so, so sorry," she cried. "I-I didn't know how to act. I-I wanted some attention b-but I-I never got it."

Bethany Ann looked at me, her face an unreadable mask before she pulled her into a hug. "It's all right," she crooned, rubbing her hand up and down my sister's back. "Your brother does love you."

Sandra snorted. "Ya, like I believe that," she muttered underneath her breath. "He didn't even do anything when my mate rejected me."

Bethany Ann sighed and pulled her back a little so that she could look into her eyes. "Damion loves you," she said. "He doesn't know how to show it."

Sandra snorted and rolled her eye, sending me a glare. "If he knew how, then I would've-"

Bethany Ann growled a warning. "If he didn't care about you, he wouldn't have set up that guard to look after you, even though you kept flirting with him. That guard had a mate."

Sandra huffed and rolled her eyes. "Ya, and what else?"

"He didn't kill you for disrespecting me," Bethany Ann replied, causing me to snort. She glanced at me, narrowing her eyes in warning before looking at her. "He could've let you become Rogue, but he didn't." She paused and sighed. "Damion loves you, like you love him. You are family."

"But he doesn't show it," Sandra muttered.

"'Cause you were being a pain in the ass before," Bethany Ann said. "And, he has a whole pack that he needs to take care of that was dumped on him while trying to deal with you."

Sandra flinched a little and sighed, looking down. "I'm sorry," she muttered. "It's just..."

"I know," Bethany Ann said, nodding her head. "Talk with your mate and tell him how you were feeling. It's killing him as well." She smirks. "An apology works as well."

"Do you think that he will...?"

Bethany Ann shrugged. "It'll take a while," she replied. "Let me get cleaned up, and we'll see where he is at and get you both to apologize to each other."

With that, she walked away and up the stairs, signalling me to say something.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair and looked at her. "I do love you, Sandra," I said, softly. "I'm sorry that I haven't shown it..."

Sandra shook her head and ran over to me. She pulled me into a hug and started to cry. "I'm sorry," she whispered. "I'm so sorry for the way that I've acted all these years. Please forgive me?"

I clutched her tight, feeling tears in my eyes. "There is nothing to forgive," I muttered. "There is nothing to forgive."

***

Bethany Ann and I watched as Sandra talked with the mate that had rejected her. I don't know if I liked the idea of her being with him, but I knew that if someone tried to keep me away from Bethany Ann, then there would be hell to pay.

"You did good," Bethany Ann said, watching as they both embraced. "She'll be all right." She patted my shoulder before turning to walk away.

I watched them for a while before smiling when I saw that they kissed. I couldn't wait for that to happen to us, even though I knew that it would take some time on her part.

'But it'll be worth it,' Bane said, and I couldn't help but agree more.