Chapter 13- Damion (Edited)

A/N: 'Sup ya'll? How ya doin? Long time no talk to (well write in this case). Who started school last week? *Raises hand.* How do ya'll like your teachers/classes? Ready for summer yet? xD Anyways, I'm really sorry for the long awaited chapter (that I only completed a few minutes ago), but I've been busy. I started college last Monday and the homework... Let's just say I like having high school homework of not having any.

I did promise a girl that I was going to write 2-3 chapters of 3 books of her choice like every week, and this was one of her choice. The three books are 'The Year of the Horse' 'Caught in Between' and 'Chasing Cinderella'. However, it depends on what I have for school (clubs, tests, homework, etc.). Good thing is, I have only one class on Tuesday and Thursday, which is awesome. xD Food is good too, better than high school.

Well, enough nonsense, let's go onto the story.

__________________________________________________________________________

I growled annoyed when my phone rung at some odd hour in the morning. Blindly, I felt for it before I swiped to answer the call, hoping that it would be important. "What?" I growled out, showing my annoyance to the caller.

"Alpha, she found out that we were following her," one of the guards that I had set up with her said said. "She, also, ordered us to leave."

"How?" I asked, waking up instantly. I sat up in bed, hoping that she would still be safe, even if the guards weren't with her, watching her every move. "She isn't a full-blooded Wolf."

"Her father was probably an Alpha or something of that nature," he replied. "We were both submissive pretty quickly."

"Did you at least find out where she lived?" I asked, getting out of bed and throwing on a clean shirt, knowing that I might not go back to sleep. I was going to make sure that she was safe, and I was going to try to blend in more than they had done, knowing that they had probably taken an expensive car.

"Yes, Alpha," he replied. "She lives in Ram's Inn, but I don't know what room. We had to leave before she even could go into it."

I grunted in response. "All right, you are both dismissed. Get some sleep." With that, I hung up the phone before I pulled on my shoes. 'Mike, I know that this is really early, but I need you up now,' I said, contacting my Beta. I didn't use my Alpha voice, but I did let him hear the urgency in my voice, letting him know that it was important.

Mike yawned through the link while he woke up. 'I'll meet you in the old truck in five,' he replied before cutting off the link.

I grunted and grabbed the keys, knowing what he was talking about. 'I hope she is fine,' I told Bane. 'And, I hope that we will find where she lives and get her to live here.'

Bane sighed before grunting. 'I hope so, also. However, we will have to learn about her past first.'

I frowned, not really knowing if I wanted to even know her past. What if all it did was make me angry, and I ended up going on a killing rampage? Not only did I know that it would hurt me, but I was sure that it would end up making her scared of me.

All in all, I knew that I was just going to have to be careful with what I say and do.

***

Michael came into the truck in five minutes, just like he had said. He glanced at me out of the corner of his eye and raised an eyebrow. "Well?" he asked. "Is there a reason on why we are up at 2:05am?"

I grunted and nodded my head. "Joey and Reece have been found out by Bethany Ann. That means that Bethany Ann is out there by herself, and I want to make sure that she is safe and find her room number, if we can."

"Where is she living?"

"Ram's Inn."

"That dingy apartment complex?" Mike sounded surprised. "And she hasn't been killed yet?"

I clenched my hands tighter on the steering wheel, knowing what he was talking about. Ram's Inn had always been in the news as the place where a lot of drug gangs hang out. Hearing that a female, especially a teenage female living by herself and still alive was a miracle in itself.

"I guess she is a pretty strong female then," Mike commented to himself.

I grunted in response, agreeing with him. I couldn't help but wonder how long she had lived by herself or in a place that could get her killed if she made a wrong move.

"We'll find out about her, Alpha, and we can bring her home, to our house. Then she wouldn't have to live by herself anymore, and we can see that she is actually protected and in our care," Mike reassured me.

I nodded my head, glad that I had a friend like Mike to reassure me when problems arise. I just hoped that I would be able to get Bethany Ann to actually agree with me on moving her to the Pack House, so she wouldn't have to live in a place that was so dangerous.

***

"Where is she going?" Mike asked when we reached the area to see a beat up truck pulling out of Ram's Inn.

"I don't know, but we are go to find out," I replied, going the opposite way.

"Uhh... she's going the other way," Mike said, glancing the other way that her beat up truck had went. "Why are you going this way?"

"To make sure that she doesn't know we are following her, duh," I replied, sounding a bit girlish for my taste.

Mike snorted and shook his head. "Whatever you say, Alpha."

I rolled my eyes and turned the truck around. I started to follow her at a quite a long distance, making sure that I was slow enough to miss her at the redlights. I knew that she didn't notice that I was following her, because she wasn't speeding up that much, even though she was doing a little over the speed limit.

"So, do you think that she'll make a great Luna?" Mike asked finally, breaking the silence.

I grunted and nodded my head. "Joey said that she has some Alpha powers. Her father, or mother, might have been an Alpha Wolf. However, I don't know from what pack or who it could be."

"I can see if I can't find that out, but that didn't really answer my question. Other packs might think that we have gotten weak for having a human as your mate and Luna."

"Half human," I replied. "And, look at the details. She has her own place that she maintains by herself. She has survived in a place like Ram's Inn for who know's how long. She isn't afraid to back down from a fight, nor is she willing to throw the first punch. She, also, helps others out more than herself. All in all, I think that she will be a great Luna."

Mike nodded his head, probably glad of my answer. "And with that answer in mind, I will help you any way I can to get her to accept you and the pack as her family," he promised. "And, I will not let anyone try to treat her wrong."

I nodded my head, glad that I had my Beta on my side. I knew that I couldn't do this alone, even if I wanted to. There was too much at stake to do anything alone at this time, when I was so close in probably losing her even when I don't have her to begin with.

___________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Awww, Mike is such a Sweetheart, helping out his Alpha. Who do you like more? Mike or Damion? Do you think that Bethany Ann will find out that she was being followed? Can Damion get Bethany to fall for him? Find out in later chapters.

Rissa.