Chapter 12- Bethany Ann (Edited)

My whole body grew tense when I saw the boy standing in front of me. I looked into his silver/gray eyes and saw that he was tired. His black hair was ruffled from where he had fallen asleep in the bushes. He looked really cold, which made me tense and worry about this boy. The young boy stood at 4'0 and was at the age of 8 years, even though he sometimes acted more mature than that.

"Donovan?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. I, quickly, glanced around making sure that we were alone before looking at him. "What are you doing out here?"

"Mom sent me out," he said, yawning. "You weren't home, so I just hid." He held his hand up, stopping me from talking. "I know what you are going to say, that it was dangerous and stupid to do that, since we live where we live. However, it's either seeing my mother getting beaten by my father or hiding. I made sure that no one knew I was there."

I frowned and shook my head, hating the fact that he was right. "You are too smart for your own good." I sighed and took my keys out of my pocket and opened the door, letting him in first. "Get on in. I'll make you a cup of hot chocolate."

Donovan nodded his head and walked into the room. He didn't say anything while he climbed onto my bed, curled into a ball, and pulled the covers over him. "Your blankets smell good," he said, his voice showing how tired he was. "It smells like strawberries and kiwis."

I snorted and shook my head, while I closed and locked the door. I could hear the soft whimpers from the next room, and I knew that it was from Carrie, his mother. I growled softly, barely loud enough for him to hear while I turned on the music. He didn't need to hear the sound of her pained filled screams, while his father did what he did to her.

Quickly, I shook my head while I made him a cup of hot chocolate. Soft snores caught my attention, and I looked up to see that he was asleep in my bed, his black hair the only thing sticking out from underneath the blankets.

'We have to help them,' Laurie said, making me hum in agreement.

I took a sip of the hot chocolate and thought about it. I knew that they needed to leave. Carrie had been through this pain, since she gave birth to Donovan when she was 15 years old. That was 8 years of abuse that she had suffered from the man whom she had thought loved her. However, he didn't, not the way she should be treated.

I shook my head before going over to my desk. I knew what I wanted to do, and I was going to make sure that they weren't going to be found by him. A small smirk appeared on my face as I formed the plan.

***

As soon as 2am hit, I had everything done and planned. A call had been made to a "friend" of mine up in England, who had wanted me to live up with him. However, I never did, but each year, he would send me a ticket or two, hoping that I would take his offer.

Yes, he was a Werewolf and an Alpha, but he didn't have a mate or anything like that, so I was sure that was one of the reasons on why he wanted me to go over there. Carrie was human, but she did know about Werewolves and such, almost getting killed by one, but she didn't after I had killed it. She was sworn to secrecy, and I would've known if she had uttered a word about it to anyone, which she never did.

I shook my head and looked in the bag, making sure that I had the letter, two passports, and everything else, including $500 in cash. I nodded my head, seeing that everything was in there before zipping it up.

As soon as I zipped up the bag, there was a soft knock on my door, indicating that Carrie was at the door. "Bethany Ann?" her voice came through the door in a soft whisper. "Are you awake?"

I rolled my eyes and stood, going to the door. 'She should know by now that I'd stay up if Donovan is over,' I told Laurie, making her chuckle. I shook my head and unlocked my door, opened it before pulling her into the room and locking it, again. "Your son's asleep. Let's talk in the bathroom." My voice was soft, while I walked into the small bathroom.