2

Suna Rintarō

"Yo, Rin!" Atsumu waves a hand in front of my face. "You've been spacing out the entire time we've been walking to school. Wake up!"

I glance at him for a second before apologizing.

This morning when I woke up, the girl I met last night was gone. She disappeared as fast as she appeared.

At first I thought I just had a really vivid dream, but the window was left open and I was sure to close it before I fell asleep last night.

Speaking of last night, it was...nice, to say the least. Iwasaki Rei was like an angel sent from Heaven.

She's absolutely gorgeous, she's funny, kind, and her body...

Her face looks my age or younger, but her body...? God. She can be 15 or 30. I hate to describe her like this but everything about her was just so breathtaking.

And I didn't even get a phone number or anything.

Iwasaki Rei. Maybe I can look up her socials.

"Rin!" Atsumu whines. "Ya did it again!"

"Let him be. Yer annoying him." Osamu slightly pushes his brother.

"HUH? THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS SAMU!"

Osamu stares at his brother for a second before scoffing and walking ahead of us, mumbling something about his twin being stupid as fuck.

We finally reach the school and I take in my surroundings as students run around everywhere.

It's the first day of the new school year. Clubs are outside harassing first years to join and those poor students can't do anything about it.

"C'mon, let's get inside quick. Last year the baseball team tried to get me and Samu!" Atsumu drags me in.

We change out our shoes before walking down the hall towards our class.

"Why don't we ever try to find recruits?" I look at Atsumu and he scoffs.

"Ya think one of the best high school volleyball teams in Japan is just gonna go out there and waste our time on scrubs? We want people who can actually play the sport, Rin. Hence why people like you got scouted." Atsumu harshly slaps my back and I send him a glare.

"Then what about you?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Pfft. Coach didn't choose me and Samu. Me and Samu chose coach."

We talk a bit more before splitting ways and going to our respective classrooms.

I'm a bit early so I get to choose whatever seat I want. I sit down in the furthest window seat in the back of the class then put my backpack on the chair in front of me.

If I'm lucky, the class won't be full and nobody will sit there since my bag is there.

One by one the students start filling in. The bell rings and it's only a few minutes until the teacher walks in. I can only tell by the silence that fills the room, but I'm too busy looking out the window to actually notice.

Iwasaki Rei...I cannot stop thinking about her.

"Alright class, welcome back to another school year!" The teacher says happily. "We have gotten a new transfer student today. She was supposed to be in class 1-4 or 1-5 but they were full so she has to settle with us, so please treat her well! Can you introduce yourself?"

Geez. A transfer student? What a bore.

"Good morning." A voice that has me melting as soon as I hear it comes.