12

"Iwasaki-San!"

I slightly flinch when a few girls come up to my table.

"Iwasaki-San what's wrong? You usually hang out with us but for the past few days you've been God knows where." Gina, the first girl to befriend me here, frowns.

"Sorry." I murmur, not even looking up at them.

"Oh no, baby. This will not do." She pushes the nearby desk against mine and sits down while she shoos the other girls away.

She looks around for a second before fully turning her body.

"Suna-San, do you how we can cheer up Iwasaki-San?" She asks.

My body slightly tenses at the sound of his name.

Before he can even say anything I turn and tap Gina's shoulder to get her attention again.

"I'm not sad." I force a small smile onto my face. "I'm just really tired, that's all. I haven't been feeling all that well lately."

"Oh my god, are you pregnant?" Gina fake gasps before bursting out into giggles. "Kidding. How about we have a girls day? We haven't hung out outside of school much. It can just be me and you. Oh! But you're managing the volleyball team huh? Gosh, this may be harder than I thought." She taps on her chin and hums.

Why does she want to hang out with me so bad? So she can eventually call me names too?

God, I don't even have the energy to pretend to be all happy-go-lucky at school anymore. Everything is so fucking draining.

"I'm not. My mom wanted me to quit so I can focus on my studies. She's really strict about that kind of thing. So I most likely won't be able to have a girls day either. Sorry." I turn back in my seat to face forward.

"Wait, you didn't quit because of Kita-Senpai?" I hear Suna ask.

I blink, not turning around.

"Iwasaki-San, I think Suna-San asked you something." Gina says politely.

"Huh? I didn't hear anything." I shrug.

"U-Um. I think he thought you quit the club because of...Kita? Senpai?" She leans forward and looks at me.

"Oh." I respond.

Gina gulps, not one for confrontation.

"O-Okay! Well, I hope you feel better soon. I'll get going." She stands up, moving the desk back and plopping into her own seat just as the next teacher walks in.

~

"Rei, the food is done." My father comes into my room.

"Not hungry." I mumble, continuing to work on my math homework.

My father sighs, sitting down on the edge of my bed. I glance at him from my place at my desk, raising an eyebrow.

"You didn't eat yesterday, and you barely ate the day before. Are you eating at school?" He asks and I turn back to my work.

"No. I'm hoping to die." I reply.

I hear my father stand up and walk over to me. I don't look up at him but I see him cross his arms.

"I don't want that." He says and I scoff.

"Well I don't want to be here. I guess we both lose." I huff out a breath, putting my pencil down as I turn to my father.

He reaches a hand out and pats my head a few times.

Not used to affection from my parents, I quickly move away. I jump in surprise when I feel something fall on my lap. I look and frown at the wet circles.