24

Suna Rintarō

I look in the mirror for a second, a towel tied around my waist and a small one over my head since I just got out the shower.

Right now Rei is in my room, though I doubt she even realized I had gone to take a shower.

Ever since she told me that she thinks she saw her sister at the mall, she's been nonstop looking for her online. She's been so attached to her laptop that we've hardly talked much.

At school she's in a daze, at practice she's in a daze, on the way home she's glued to her phone and when we're at home she's glued to her laptop. It's great. Real great.

I sigh, pulling the towel off my head and leaving it on the sink as I walk out of the bathroom.

"Do you have a laptop char- oh."

I look over at my girlfriend who's spoken her first words to me in like, 8 hours.

Her eyes are slightly wide and I can see her hands slightly hesitating as she holds them over her laptop.

"No. Don't have a charger." I mumble a bit irritably.

I do have a charger. She doesn't need to know that though.

Rei sighs, closing her computer as she stands up and walks over to me. She grabs my hand and pulls me to the bed, making me sit down.

"What are you doi-"

"Thank you for the meal." She says as she kneels down and throws her hair up into a ponytail.

~

I watch with pursed lips as Rei sleeps soundly in my arms, a small frown on her face.

How much sleep has she been getting lately? One time I had woken up at like 4am to go to the bathroom and when I checked my socials before going back to sleep, I seen she was active on Instagram.

She literally passed out right after we showered again, not even bothering to put on clothes. Shes clearly not taking care of herself.

I huff out a breath before slowly peeling her body off me and standing up. I quickly throw on a pair of boxers and some shorts before grabbing her laptop and sitting down at my desk.

I plug my laptop charger into hers and open it. I have no idea what the password would be so I press the hint.

'Rintarō's birthday!' It reads.

A small smile grace's my lips as I enter in my birthday and it actually works. A bunch of windows pop up and I wince.

Looking at what she's been searching up, I see the name 'Nakao'. Is that her sisters name? I quietly hum as I look at the list of Facebook users with the same name that was open in one of her tabs. I glance back at her and see a small notebook on my nightstand.

Walking over and opening it to the page where the pen was stuffed in, I see a list of Nakao's with different first names and x's by their names.

So this Nakao person is obviously not her sister. And all these men are like, mid twenties through early thirties so it's not like she's trying to find some lost lover of hers.

Well, I hope not.

I hum as I look through the Nakao profiles. I really have no idea what to look for so I leave that page the it is before looking at another of the windows she has opened.

'Iwasaki Rena Ushimimi middle school science fair winner'

My eyes widen as I see a single picture pop up. It's clearly a young version of Rei, her father, wretched mother, and a girl who's definitely not Iwasaki Rena. At least not anymore.