18

"Dad!" I quickly burst through the door, hardly giving any time for us to slip off our shoes before dragging my guest upstairs. "I'm home!"

"Welcome home sweetie." He calls from his office.

I turn to the person I brought and tell them to wait outside the room until I say.

I giggle happily as I walk into my father's office. He immediately turns to me, a shocked look on his face.

"I can't get used to you being so happy." He sighs in relief. "Isn't that sad?" He gives a small smile.

I walk over to him and kiss his cheek before hugging him.

"Happy days are ahead of us now that the divorce is finalized." I smile before taking a few steps back. "I brought something home..." I play with my fingers.

"Uh oh. That doesn't sound good." He takes off his glasses and swirls the chair to look at me. "Is it a puppy or something?"

I can't contain the grin on my face as I run out the room and and drag the person inside.

"Ta-daaaa!" I motion to them. "It's my very own Suna Rintarō! Can we keep him?" I laugh.

Suna bows towards my father.

"Good afternoon Iwasaki-San. It's a pleasure to meet you, I am Rei-San's boyfriend." He says before standing up.

My father looks surprised for a few seconds, then a look of realization comes over his face.

"Oh, you are the son of the family we met at the restaurant where my ex wife made a scene." He points out and I mentally facepalm.

"We go to school with each other." Suna offers a small smile. "But yes."

"Oh man." My father crosses his arms. He looks lost in thought. "Now I have to give you 'the talk'. I'm sure you're mother hasn't." He frowns.

My eyes widen and I quickly pull Suna out of the room.

"No thanks!"

"Okay...well at least your happy! Nice to meet you kid!" My father calls after us.

I lead Suna to my room, locking and closing the door before plopping down on my bed.

I see him look around for a second before sitting next to me.

I forgot Suna has never been here before, this is the first time he's seeing my room. I stare at his face for a couple of moments as I try to capture his reaction to it.

His expression is blank though.

"What do you want to do?" He asks and I lay down, patting the spot next to me.

He lays down and opens his arms so I can snuggle into him. As soon as his arms wrap around me, warmth encompasses my entire body.

"You've been so bubbly lately." He mumbles and I look up at him.

"Is that bad?" I ask but he shakes his head.

"No. I'm kind of glad, it seems that your attitude is genuine." He says and I chuckle slightly.

"I don't think I've ever been this happy in my life." I admit, tearing my eyes away from his and staring at his shirt instead. "I don't have this overwhelming pressure on me anymore, I'm not getting hit, my father is happier, I have real friends, a handsome and super cool boyfriend..." I trail off, smiling.

I look back up at Suna and my smile drops when I see him looking incredibly angry.

Did I not use a good enough adjective to describe him...?