10

Suna Rintarō

Kita rushes into the gym, bowing at everyone as he pants.

"Sorry I'm late." He says then has everyone gather around. "Rei-Chan is si-"

"WHO??!!!!"

"REI? AS IN IWASAKI REI?"

"KITA, YER GETTING CLOSE WITH IWASAKI?"

"Damn...I don't think I've ever heard him use -Chan before."

"Getting buddy buddy with our manager? This is cliche."

"Osamu, Atsumu, Akagi, Gin, Kosaku. Start running and don't stop until I say so." Kita crosses his arms.

Groans are heard all around and they get up to start jogging around the court.

No because...why is he calling her by her first name? I don't even call her by her first name.

And Rei-Chan? What the hell?

Does she like him? Does he like her? They are awfully close.

Argh, why do I keep worrying about that? I literally got friendzoned. It was sort of my fault for asking if we were friends, but I obviously didn't want her honest opinion???

"As I was saying." Kita stands up straight. "Iwasaki Rei got sick over the weekend. She probably won't make it to school for the next few days either. Which means at our game tomorrow, we will be manager-less. I beg you all to behave."

"Did she text you? I didn't see her say anything in the group chat. I hope she's okay." Aran frowns.

Kita stays quiet for a moment before nodding.

"Yes. She told me over phone call. She doesn't text in the group chat because there's so many of us she feels overwhelmed." Kita informs everyone.

Pft. Did she also say that over the phone call?

Ugh. I hate feeling this way. Am I jealous? This is jealousy, isn't it?

But why? It's not like I like her. I just...want to see her a lot. And make her smile. And have her happy to see me. And maybe even hold her ha-

Oh god. I like her.

My eyes slightly widen as I come to terms with my feelings and I feel my face get hot.

Wait, how did I act around her again? How did we talk?

I'm screwed.

~

Iwasaki Rei

I snuggle into the bedsheets, groaning.

I hate being sick.

I got ready and everything this morning but when Kita saw my obviously ill state, he made me get back into my pajamas and into bed.

It was sweet but also kind of scary? Like he was really nice and made me soup but also said that I better not come to school or else.

Like,or else what???

But I didn't want to find out.

I was so sad when he told me I won't be able to go to the game tomorrow. I want to be able to cheer my boys on.

Oh! I should send them all a text. I haven't texted in the Inarizaki group chat yet since I didn't want anyone to feel like I was intruding.

Bitch I Need The Memories 😩🧎‍♀️
group chat