22

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" I accidentally let out a scream louder than intended.

I was just filling up water bottles for the boys, minding my business and having a grand ol' time.

Until I seen it. A spider.

"OH MY GOD" I cower away when another pops up.

In a matter of pure seconds, multiple teenage boys are running down the hall and in my direction, Suna is at the front of the line.

I rush over to him, literally just leaving the water water bottles and jumping into his arms.

"Whats wrong? What happened?" He asks worriedly as he wraps his arms around me.

"Spider! There's spiders!" I bury my face in his shoulder.

"DID SHE SAY SPIDER? HELL NAW!" Someone yells and multiple boys take off running.

"Is everything okay?" Coach comes up to us.

"No! There's spiders!"

"AHHH! I SEE IT! I SEE IT! IT JUMPED!" Someone screams and immediately Kiyoomi takes off in the opposite direction.

"Okay, go take Iwasaki back to the gym. We'll handle this." Coach and a few other boys walk over to the spiders.

The remainder of the boys circle around Suna who carries me back to the gym, as if they're some sort of protection squad.

As we wait for the spider killers to come back, all the boys take a seat and try to catch their breath from the training that I interrupted.

"Dude, Omi. How could you run away when your potential future wife needed you to protect her from two spiders?" Atsumu asks and Kiyoomi gives him a dirty look.

He turns to me and bows his head as I turn around in Suna's lap to face everyone.

"Sorry I couldn't protect you-"

"Hello??? This is my girlfriend? Why do you all always seem to forget that?" Suna scoffs, interrupting Kiyoomi.

"Baby, Rin. It's free game until she's got a ring on her finger. Sorry." Atsumu waves him off

"Anyways. Rei, you're a really nice girl and you're clean. I like that. But there's no way marriage would work between us. I want my wife to protect me from the bugs. And that's just something you can't provide for me. And I can't provide that to you either. Sorry." Kiyoomi sighs and I bow my head towards him.

"Totally respectable. Thank you for letting me know." I say understandingly.

"I am seriously about to punch everyone here right now." Suna says and I giggle before looking back at him.

"I just got rejected. You should be happy." I kiss his jaw.

"IWASAKI HOW COULD YA KISS HIM WHEN I'M RIGHT HERE??" Atsumu sounds genuinely offended.

Suna grabs my face and kisses my lips instead.

"OOOOOOO!" The boys around us start cheering.

My cheeks heat up and I already know I look like a tomato. He pulls away with an apologetic smile then kisses my forehead.

"Sorry." He says sheepishly as I put my head in my hands out of embarrassment.

"It's okay." I murmur.

"Alright everyone! The air conditioning is only going to be on for 2 more hours in this gym let's get back to practice." Coach comes back in.

I grab the water bottles from one of the players and bow as a thanks when I realize they're all full.