27

After Suna spoke up, Jiyū started sobbing and apologizing like crazy so Shu had escorted her out to take a breather.

As soon as they exited the the room I collapsed against the table, pushing the food away beforehand.

"Oh my god." I breathe out, closing my eyes.

"You okay?" Suna asks quietly and I grunt in response.

I'm not going to cry. I refuse to cry, I've cried like 20 times already within the past few days so I'm not going to cry again.

"This is all too much. And so dramatic. I want to go home." I mumble and Suna pulls my chair out. I lift my head and he pulls me to his chest.

I relax in his arms, burying my face in his clothing.

"I'm sorry for dragging you here. But thank you for coming." I murmur and he tightens his hold on me.

"Of course I'm going to be here to support you. We can go home whenever you want." He says and I lift my head up.

"Let's just stick it out. I'm sure this won't last much longer." I say and he nods. "And let's eat because I'm hungry and they're taking a while." I say and he laughs, nodding his head.

Not caring that my elders are not here yet, I stack food on Suna and I's plate and begin eating.

Literally after every bite I'm practically moaning. This shit is so good. Do rich people always eat this well? I don't mind if they want to adopt me now.

A few minutes later Shu and Jiyū enter the room again, and all tears are gone.

"Are you enjoying the food?" Jiyū asks as they sit down again.

I guiltily wipe my mouth with a napkin and bow my head.

"Sorry we started eating without you guys. It was my idea." I say.

"Nonsense. The meal is for you both anyways." Shu waves it off.

"Yes. I'm glad you like it." Jiyū flashes a weak smile.

We all begin to eat and it goes silent again. I see Shu not-so-subtly sneak glances at his wife every 3 seconds to make sure she's okay.

"I had the chefs pre-crack the the crab legs since I didn't want anyone hurting their fingers. I hope nobody minds." Shu says and everyone quietly thanks him.

I'm surprised there's no instant ramen. Heh.

"Rei..." My sister calls out and I look up at her. "I know you're probably very mad at me...but I just wanted to let you know that I love you. Okay? You're always going to be my little sister." Her hands and voice are no longer shaky, but it's very obvious she's still worried and unsettled.

I push my chair back and stand up. Suna grabs my hand in curiosity and stands up as well.

I lower my body, bowing towards her.

"My name is Iwasaki Rei. Nice to meet you." I say then tug Suna's hand. He bows as well then we stand up. "This is Suna Rintarō. He's my boyfriend."

"It's nice to meet you." He says before we sit down again.

A smile grows on Jiyū's lips and she quickly stands up, pulling Shu up with her.

"My name is Asano Jiyū. This is my husband Asano Shu. It's nice to meet you both as well." She says and they both bow.

Jiyū lets out a small chuckle which has Shu staring at her in almost awe. I can tell he really does love her. And by the way she looked at him at the mall, she really loves him too.

Once everyone is sat down in their seats again, I decide to speak up another time.

"I was mad at you. I was hurt and confused, I didn't understand why you'd leave me like that." I admit and Jiyū's eyes begin to dull. "But seeing you with Shu-San has made me realize that...I'm grateful. You were barely 18 and still a minor when you left. I know there wasn't much you could have done and I understand how hard it would have been to take a kid with you when you're still a kid yourself. I appreciate you thinking of me- but I don't blame you at all. Okay? I'd much rather you have left without me than stay and put up with mom. I'm glad to see you happy and with someone who's so in love with you and takes care of you. So I don't think you should apologize anymore."

I see Shu let out a small breath of relief before turning to his wife. Jiyū gives me a soft smile before standing up and rushing to my side of the table.

I get up from my seat just in time for her to crash into me, hugging me tightly.

"I'm so glad you're here. I'm so happy mom and dad divorced." She breathes out and I chuckle a bit before nodding, returning the hug.

Once our sisterly embrace is over, we return to our seats and make conversation.

We talk about Shu being the great grandson of the creator of instant noodles and he admits that it kind of throws people off when he tells them.

We talk about how life is in Hyōgo for me and dad, and how it is without mom. We talk about Suna and I's relationship, then Shu and Jiyū's relationship.

The lunch turned out really fun. Shu even offered to get Suna in contact with a personal trainer for volleyball.

Once lunch ended, Jiyū and Shu decided to take us on a tour of the large house.

There's a huge pool, an in-law suite behind the house that's literally the size of a regular house, a theater room, a room that's purely bookshelves with a few pieces of furniture in the middle to read at. They showed us his office, a few of the empty rooms, a gaming room that never gets used, but it's there.

It's exactly what you'd expect of rich people. Or at least rich people on tv and YouTube.

It's so beautiful on the inside. Marble floors, crazy expensive decor that literally nobody needs, and a pretty imperial staircase.

"And then, the best part..." Jiyū says happily as she leads us all to a particular room. "Your room!" She exclaims as she pushes the door open.

We all walk in and my eyes widen.

The room looks like it was pulled right off of Pinterest. My eyebrows furrow and I whirl around once her words register in my head.

"My room?" I ask and Shu wraps his arms around Jiyū from behind as he smiles and nods.

"Yes! I would like for you to live with us since you're here in Hyōgo now!" She says happily then turns to Suna. "If you'd like, you can live with us too. Anything to make Rei happy. We can prepare the room next door for you."

I grab Suna's hand, shaking my head.

"We're not moving in with you? What the heck?" I scoff. "I have a dad I live with and Suna and I have only been dating a few months! Why would he move in with my sister and her husband? That's weird!"

"But you're here in Hyōgo. You have to stay." Jiyū says, suddenly turning a bit worried. "If you don't like the room you both can also just stay in the in-law suite that's in the back. It has 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, electricity works and everything."

"No." I frown. Is this the main reason I was called here? To live with them?

For some reason that makes me a little irritated.

"We will be going home now. I can visit you but I'm not going to leave my father." I say and begin to pull Suna out the room.

"Can you please think about it at least? Jiyū really wants you here!" Shu calls out.

"I'll think about it when I have 100 pounds of different flavored instant ramen on my doorstep!!"