mason greeves

here's the cast: (highly suggest watching to better visualize the characters)

back to your POV

Mason was the last person I needed on my mind. I wasn't so sure why he transferred here in the first place but I tried to ignore him. Unfortunately, that didn't last long. He came up to me during my Care for Magical Creatures class. I guess he was also taking classes.

He smiled that charming smile I had remembered from my first year at Ilvermorny.

"I haven't seen you in a while." he told me, putting his hand on my cheek.

"You're not sorted yet?" I asked him, "What are you doing here?"

"My dad decided to move me here," he replied, "I'm getting sorted tomorrow."

I didn't say anything back to him. I just stared into his big, brown eyes.

He grabbed my face, pulling me even closer to him. Our lips were practically touching.

"We don't have be apart anymore, babe." he smirked, placing a kiss on my cheek.

Later that  night, I sat on my bed, drawing to get Mason off of my mind. I just didn't feel anything for him anymore. I only had feelings for Tom.

"Isla," I told her, "I need to tell you something."

She stopped folding her clothes and looked up at me, "What is it?"

"You know that guy- you said he transferred from Ilvermorny?"

"Y- yes," she answered, "Do you know him?"

"He's my ex," I responded, "Mason Greeves."

"Oh, well I–" she said, "I had no idea."

"We broke up because I was moving here," I got up and started pacing the room, "We knew it wouldn't be a good idea to keep a long-distance relationship. But I think he still wants me."

"And you don't like him anymore?"

"No, I like Tom."

"Well, if he makes another move- just let him down easy," Isla suggested, "You don't want to hurt him too much."

"Okay." I replied, getting in bed and going to sleep

...

I woke up with nausea but persisted on going to my Potions class. Tom wasn't there. I knew something was definitely up since he never missed class. I stumbled across a couple of Slytherins' conversation.

"Clarice hasn't been here for a while." one of them gossiped.

"Tom said she's on a vacation," the other one said, "I reckon she started going to another school."

I thought about what they were saying for a while. I hadn't seen Clarice in a long time. But she probably was on vacation.

I went to the library to study for my Defence Against the Dark Arts exam when I finally found Tom, sitting in the corner, on a small sofa.

"Why weren't you at class?" I asked him.

He looked up at me and I noticed a horrific looking cut under his chin.