s i x t e e n. Chocolate Pancakes

Reyansh,

Wanna join us for the break? It's just Archie, me, and two of our band members. We usually sit outside the campus and snack there because the cafeteria gets too busy and loud.

We're already friends now, right? And I'm pretty sure you'd love my friends. They're amazing.

Also, I can understand if you don't want to. You're not a people's person, I guess. There's nothing bad in it.

Anyway, do you know the librarian refused to grant me another book, stating that I have already issued enough books.

The nerve.

Is there anything as enough books?

Smh.

Anyway, I gotta finish reading and return the books asap.

Guess who's going to sneak in the novel under economics book.

Don't out me

See ya at class,

Yours,
Pranati

_

Breakfast next day was an uproar at the Khuranas.

Maan and Armaan were at their usual bickering, Anisha and Vardhan were tired already for having a busy week and were silently listening to the conversations on the table, Reyansh was busy in his mobile and Baljeet was only watching Jugnu for a while.

Pranati was as always silent and lost, and Jugnu was feeling really low too. Even though she had taught Archit's mother a lesson, she didn't feel quite good being taunted and bullied for being a fatherless kid. She then looked at her mother who wasn't eating at all, not even the sliced apples which were kept in her plate.

Jugnu knew how terrible her mother felt and how she could probably do nothing to change it. She had the chocolate milk in front of her and Kesar Daijaan had made her some pancakes too but hunger didn't seem to overtake her busy mind.

While the duo silently sat, contemplating in their deep thoughts, Baljeet tsked at Reyansh to ask what was wrong. When she clicked her tongue, Reyanah looked up at her, asking what was wrong.

Baljeet then pointed her head to the girls, and while Anisha and Vardhan understood, Reyansh furrowed his brows. He shrugged, asking what his grandmother wanted and Baljeet frowned. She then pointed at the duo and asked him via her hand gesture but Reyansh was a thickhead for sure, because he understood nothing.

'Kya hai?' He asked aloud, keeping his mobile away and his loud voice broke Pranati's trance and she looked at them.

Not wanting to be known as a nosey woman, Baljeet chuckled nervously. 'Rey, pass me the jam.' She gritted her teeth, upset at her grandson being so dumb.

However while Reyansh passed her the jam, Pranati focused on daughter and straightened the hair strands from the small girl's face. Jugnu faked a smile and took a sip of the milk, hoping her mother would be happy again soon.

'Daadi, jam ki bottle ke liye itne ishaare?' Reyansh said, chuckling and Armaan and Maan sniggered too.

While Baljeet glared at him, Anisha leaned towards her naive brother-in-law. 'Devar-ji, daadi is asking about the girls and why they seem so upset?'