e i g h t . DM meets ShereKhan

Reyansh,

Hey.

I know, I know. Congratulations are in order. Tum wapas jeet gaye. And this was what, just semis? Everyone just keeps talking about the match so much. I missed it.

But, good thing is that Archie's Band won again!

It's nothing new though. Archit and I have been winning awards for our band since school. But, our families don't like it. They say it's a waste of time.

Also, I'll tell you a secret.

Because you anyway don't talk to anyone.

So my secret is safe.

I really want a career in professional singing. Like I really want to train further. Maybe just be a playback singer. Maybe have my own contests. My own concerts.

Too big of a dream, right? Maa says middle-class people like me shouldn't dream above and beyond their limits. She does have a point though.

Why dream and be dissappointed!

But, that's my ultimatum. I will do anything to achieve my dream. Just anything.

You must have a dream too right?

Basketball player? Something else? Idk. But if you do have a dream, don't let anything or anyone take it away.

I know I won't.

Yours,

Pranati

◇◇◇

Reyansh Khurana was a brooding bad boy in college. He was always silent, always angry and never was he seen associated with anyone. Reyansh had always been called mysterious because he was a quiet soul. And not a nerdy kind of quiet.

A badboy charmer kind of a quiet.

His amazingly charming good looks and dark personality alongwith a swoon worthy skills in basketball had made him the most popular face in college. Every other girl just wanted to be with someone as mysterious as him. The boys would often scoff around him, more jealous that without trying he could get girls so easily.

And Reyansh gave no two fucks about anyone.

He was called as a badboy, player and even someone who had contacts with the underworld. They were all rumours of course. Surely he did fuck around with girls, but not as exaggerated as people said. He was quiet, but not because he was mysteriously hiding something. He was a Khurana, grandson of Baljeet, someone who had high social contacts but that didn't mean he was in touch with the mafias and goons.

Yet, knowing how untrue all the rumors were, Reyansh really didn't care.
Everyone called him R.K. Because he wouldn't react otherwise.

His family hardly spoke to him. Because he never made an attempt to speak to them.

He had no true friends he could count on. Because he trusted no one.

The only true part about the rumors was that he was a loner.