Mumbo for mayor - Grumbo (funny)

This is also on Ao3, about 600 words. Set during mayoral campaign, the first part is canon (Scar's episode 20, Grian's episode 24) then it diverges.

"Mumbo for mayor." Scar mumbled begrudgingly after being ordered to 'go on, say the words, say the words on the map Scar' several times. He placed the red concrete powder and watched as one more block of support went up for his opponent, not that it really meant anything; it was only temporary support following a silly bet, after all, but it still hurt to see his usual lead in the election be overtaken.

"Yess," Grian immediately celebrated, "he said it, he kind of whispered it but he said it! Mumbo is currently in the lead of the polls!" He was clearly very happy and wasn't holding back in showing it, the little gremlin. Scar sighed again, shaking his head and looking at the ground in shame.

"Wow," he half-said half-huffed. He knew this was all in good spirit and was entirely happy to go with it, but Grian was just chuckling away at his little victory and he couldn't help but want to get back at him. "Alright." He resigned, turning around to hide the smirk that had crept up onto his face as a small but devious plan formulated in his mind. He sighed again to emphasise his disappointment. "Bdubs is gonna be so mad at me." He muttered.

Grian just chuckled.

"Well, you enjoy your last win because we will swoop in last second and I will be the one sitting on the diamond throne in the end, you just wait and see! Door bandit!" Scar protested, turning back to face the other hermit.

"Nah," Grian retorted in disbelief, "how could Mumbo lose the election? No one could vote against that handsome man and beautiful moustache!" At this point, Scar was very proud of his Scar-brain, because a better idea on how to annoy the fellow miner and crafter occurred to him and he went with it without a second thought.

"You certainly couldn't." He remarked. Grian hesitated.

"I- what?" A light shade of pink tinted his cheeks, and Scar smirked, making no attempt to hide it this time.

"You couldn't possibly vote against your handsome Mumbo Jumbolio." He said.

"What? I- I could totally not vote for him, he isn't... I don't, uh..."

"Don't worry," Scar cut in, although watching him stutter was oddly hilarious. He was also thinking about starting a new game called 'How red can Grian's cheeks go?', that one could really be a money maker. "we all know you're obsessed with him, there's no need to pretend otherwise." If only that game were already real, Scar would've just got the jackpot and he wouldn't need to do anything for the rest of the season with the amount of diamonds he could've got.

"I am not obsessed with Mumbo!" Scar gave him a Look. "And I don't know what you're giving me that look for, we're friends! That's all!"

"I hear you, I hear you. Now, didn't you build a tunnel connecting your hobbit holes, all lined with wood and detailed?" He inquired.

"W-well yeah, but-"

"Hm, Iskall told me that when he killed you for the tag using that messaging system you weren't sad about losing the tag, or having your base broken, or even dying but you were when you found out the message used to lure you into the trap wasn't from Mumbo." He internally chuckled.

"He hadn't messaged me in nearly a week!" Grian protested desperately.

"And now you're campaigning for him to be mayor simply because he is handsome?" Scar grinned at Grian's speechlessness. "Don't worry, I won't tell him." He finished, disappearing into the nether portal before Grian could stop him. He had a meeting with Bdubs to get to...

Idk, it was funny in my mind.