Friends or Family - Xisuma and Evil Xisuma (angst)

577 words. I tried playing around with a different writing style, here is the result. It is very angsty, just to warn you.

What lengths should he go to to protect a server he'd sworn to keep safe? What should he sacrifice? What precautions should he take? Which emotions should he block out for the sake of logic? What sentiment and love should Xisuma ignore for the safety of Hermitcraft?

And what if he didn't want to? What if he took risks that could end in havoc just to protect the one he loved most? What would other admins think? Would they look down upon him? Probably. But was it worth it to keep his twin brother safe?

Would it have been worth it if Hermitcraft got put under serious threat because of his sentimental decisions? Would the life of Evil be worth the life of, and he really didn't want to think of this scenario, a Hermit? Would it be worth multiple Hermits? All the Hermits?

He didn't think the other Voidwalker would ever go that far, but what if he was wrong? What if his mistakes held serious consequences? What if, one day, one of Xavon's absurd plans worked? Then he would never forgive himself. He would never allow the blame to leave him.

But equally, what if he banned Xavon? What would he do? What if he ended up stranded somewhere? What if he got stuck in a pit of hell, with no other servers to take him in? What if they were separated? What if he never got to see him ever again? What if he died, with no one there to help him? What did that make Xisuma then? The man that didn't care about his brother. That didn't persevere in helping him. That didn't want to put up with his closest relative. That would no longer have any family because he was paranoid. The man that didn't try, even for the sake of his own twin brother.

What if Xisuma still loved him, despite the evil that consumed him? Did that make him stupid and naïve? What if Xisuma still hoped that the Xavon he'd known before would come back? What if he hoped that Xavon still cared for him, underneath the insanity? What if he just wanted his brother back home with him?

Were the lengths of keeping him too far to still keep Hermitcraft safe? Should he be blunt and brutal and be the cause of the worst loss of his life? Was he too emotional to think logically?

Was he hanging onto a thread of false hope? Was he being selfish and putting all his friends at risk by not taking the simple responsibility he knew he should take?

He was mourning his brother. And he wasn't ready to let go, even after so many years. He didn't care if the hope was false and the thread was actually the last remaining strand of a thick rope that was hanging onto dear life. He didn't want to let go of the thread; he didn't want to completely erase the possibility of his brother regaining his sanity, even if it was already so faded it might as well have been erased.

He didn't want to condemn his brother. He didn't ever want to. But what if, by refusing to condemn Xavon, he was condemning the Hermits and himself? Was he being cruel of kind? Loving or selfish?

Did he really want to make bets on other people's lives? But what choice did he have? To kill his friends or kill his family?